Thread: Airsofters

Airsofters

I mean it's cool and all to make fun of them for their meme level LARPing, but I am starting to think they have cooler toys than me.
    Watched a few of this guy's videos and I have to admit it looks pretty fun, doubly so now that traditional ballistic hobbies are getting tougher to fund.

You haven't experienced airsoft until you've been to Japan. They take it to a whole other level.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Their ammo's a whole lot cheaper.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

That looks fun! If you are a fat, slow and lumbering airsofter, you are going to get eliminated quickly. I remember playing paintball when I was younger. That was a lot of running, jumping and crouching. I don't think I can do that now.

A good friend is a big MG collector. He's also an airsoft nerd. Those might seem counter-intuitive - if you can afford to buy and feed machine guns then why do you need airsoft?

His words, "It can take years to find the right machine gun. I can have a 1:1 airsoft replica in a DAY and blast through 20,000 bbs for what a belt of ammo for my MG42 costs. The impunity with which you can goof around is great. Also, I can buy things I just can't otherwise buy. Like this!"

Then he pulled out a Beretta 93R clone, tossed me a Broomhandle MP712 clone and some magazines and we proceeded to run around his ranch shooting at each other for two hours.

If you can understand why someone would shoot at someone else with paintballs or NERF - you can get why airsoft would be fun.

Years ago I farted around with a few friends who were really into Airsoft - one was a firefighter, the other a cop so not Funyun eaters. They were brutal.

I ended up with a pair of AEGs, and would shoot them in the basement while I had my morning coffee. I should dig them out and see if they still function.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Just found a park 90 minutes from me. $25 for registration, gear rentals, and the first 500/5000 paintballs/BBs. Oh god what have I discovered, twisting my brother's arm to come with on their next open event.

Airsoft is definitely my moped. That and CAS. Maybe someday I'll nut up and try them out.

Moped: Lots of fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you doing it.

User Tag List