Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The last M9's have been delivered...an end of an era (also pic of upcoming "M9A4")

The last M9's have been delivered...an end of an era (also pic of upcoming "M9A4")

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta USA
    Last week marked an end of an era for #Beretta USA. The Beretta USA team in Gallatin, Tennessee, packed and shipped the last Beretta M9 pistol for the US Armed Forces contract. Thank you to every Beretta USA team member who, over the last 36 years, has proudly manufactured the M9, and especially to all our brave servicewomen and men who have carried the M9 in their service to the United States of America.

The eagle-eyed will spot the "M9A4", a forthcoming commercial offering with an optics ready slide. Member "CKD Arms" posted pics of a 92X he received into inventory last week with the same-style slide.

Believe it is an LE/MIL catalog item (or will be going forward, hopefully general release too).

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

wow. end of an era indeed.

Site Supporter
    Very cool.

As a fan of the Beretta 92 series I hope Beretta USA continues to develop and refine the pistol.

One of the videos from Afghanistan showed the locals going through a pile of blue Beretta handgun boxes left behind. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    As a fan of the Beretta 92 series I hope Beretta USA continues to develop and refine the pistol.
    The pics above show they're doing exactly that
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    One of the videos from Afghanistan showed the locals going through a pile of blue Beretta handgun boxes left behind. Sad.
    I saw those too. I guess the M9 will start showing up in all the s-holes of the world soon. Regardless it served me well and hopefully these newest pistols will mean that service members will continue to be issued them for some years to come. Hopefully the new owners find the double to single action transition too hard to master.

Not sure how long it is going to take to fully replace them. I was looking the other day if there has been a tanker holster developed yet for the Sig and I couldn’t find one. Sure would suck if tankers are being issued pistols for which they don’t have a suitable way of carrying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I saw those too. I guess the M9 will start showing up in all the s-holes of the world soon. Regardless it served me well and hopefully these newest pistols will mean that service members will continue to be issued them for some years to come. Hopefully the new owners find the double to single action transition too hard to master.

Not sure how long it is going to take to fully replace them. I was looking the other day if there has been a tanker holster developed yet for the Sig and I couldn’t find one. Sure would suck if tankers are being issued pistols for which they don’t have a suitable way of carrying them.
    I joined in 1987, infantry. Around 1989 I became an A-gunner and then gunner (M60). Was issued and qual'd with a 1911. Started seeing M9s in the armory but never got to take one in the field. The process takes awhile.

Site Supporter
    End of an era, indeed. The other day I saw a USAF A1C gate guard carrying an M9 instead of the usual Sig. It was slow so I asked him 'still rocking an M9?' and he said 'yeah, I like them but nobody else does so they let me keep it'

The Army hasn't allowed so much user preference, at least from what I've observed. If they're getting M17's everyone goes M17's and the M9's get shipped back somewhere. I'm assuming that more Reserve and Guard support units will get M9's since M9's have historically been very scarce in those commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

An old friend was the company Armorer in a Paladin unit as the M17's were rolled out, and they issued a Safariland MOLLE adapter with the TL7 Safariland holsters and those adapters were used on a 'tactical fishing vest' MOLLE LBE or their plate carrier/IOTV - worn in a strong-side tanker style position on the front of the chest in most cases.
    He also observed some guys setting up the drop leg to be worn on the front of the thigh instead of the side so it all fit easier when sitting in the track. He initially disapproved of this practice but gave up as more and more folks did it. Given the universal emphasis on IOTV's and plate carriers for Soldiers, I'd be surprised if a traditional tanker style holster was ever offered.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The Army hasn't allowed so much user preference, at least from what I've observed. If they're getting M17's everyone goes M17's and the M9's get shipped back somewhere. I'm assuming that more Reserve and Guard support units will get M9's since M9's have historically been very scarce in those commands.
    Given how many M16A2s are still floating around in those same units, I imagine the last soldier to carry an M9 hasn't even been born yet.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List