Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The last M9's have been delivered...an end of an era (also pic of upcoming "M9A4")

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Looks very nice - I wonder how this will affect Langton’s sales as far as optic ready pistols go?
    I’m think very little. The LTT plates use 3 screws and sits lower. I think that’s what people want out of most PMO solutions.

I have small hands but I still prefer the M9A1 frames of the LTT vs the Vertec frames. Seems like the extra grip material helps me torque the pistol and increase support hand contact.

Speaking for myself, I’ll be sticking with Langdon’s plate design for future Berettas. The OEM offering looks obnoxiously tall, particularly once BUIS are considered.

For just a fun gun with little to no need for BUIS, I’d consider the A4 but for a duty or other serious use pistol I’d go LTT no question.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I've still got Infantry rifle company machine gunners coming through the raid course carrying the M9. Recon, PMO and some others have the M18 but I don't think they are getting pushed out to the fleet units very quickly compared to the Army.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

M9

Anyone know the total number of M9's delivered to the US military from 1985? I emailed BerettaUSA but haven't received a reply.

So, I'm gonna have to wait awhile before putting in paperwork for that M9 through the Civilian Marksmanship Program, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Anyone know the total number of M9's delivered to the US military from 1985? I emailed BerettaUSA but haven't received a reply.
    Somewhere around 618,000 if we take this article as accurate:

https://www.military.com/kitup/2014/...9-pistols.html
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

M9

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Somewhere around 618,000 if we take this article as accurate:

https://www.military.com/kitup/2014/...9-pistols.html
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    So, I'm gonna have to wait awhile before putting in paperwork for that M9 through the Civilian Marksmanship Program, huh?

You beat me to it! Lets see, my CMP 1911A1 went through the Anniston Depot in September 1980. I got it in 2019. That means... I'll be dead before my CMP random number comes up.

I trained with the M9 as an MP in the ARNG. I carried one on deployment doing PTT, PSD, and the like. I now carry an Langdon M9 as a civilian. I love the M9.

User Tag List