Thread: New gun day! SR1911

New gun day! SR1911

Name:  ED6C395C-68E1-4190-B35A-00B7F5C6FA9F.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  101.0 KB

I like it. Needed a 10 round 1911 for steel challenge, so picked up a new old stock SR1911.

Feels good in the hand. Trigger is kind of meh. I知 sure it値l be a good shooter.

Let us know how she shoots!!

My sample of one was tight. Smooth frame to slide fit and good lock-up. Trigger okay. Fairly crisp but could have been a tad lighter. I guess the only thing I remember worth complaining about (outside of price) was the thumb safety. It lacked any real feedback and was quite mushy.

I didn't shoot the one I examined so I can't comment on accuracy. But I'm sure it was accurate based on the general quality of the build. As long as it fed reliably I'm sure it would have shot as well as anything else.

Price on these is what most people seem to choke on. MSRP is something like $2500. Ruger always seemed to do that. Set published price too high. I think they do this for a couple reasons. One it gives the retailer quite a bit of flexibility on what to put on the price tag. Two it may make the impulse buyer think he's getting a deal when he sees the gun in the display counter at a much lower price than what Ruger has on the website.

Ruger actually has two versions of this handgun. One is chambered in 9mm Luger. The other is a 45 Auto. Specs are pretty much the same but the 45 is missing the Tech well mag well.

I'm still holding out hope that Ruger will make a Caspian Hi Cap 1911. It could be sold as a custom shop product like the Koenig 1911 or it could be mass produced as part of the standard SR1911 stuff. Or maybe one of each. In either case I think such a product would do okay if prices were reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List