Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Contemplating being done with the G43

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    GJM took the words right out of my mouth! I see very little advantage to the 26 over the 19 frankly …
    The 19 is easy to conceal, right? But I find the significantly shorter grip of the 26 makes it concealable under a trim t-shirt that would print for me with a 19. The 26 feels a lot more like a 43 to me than a 19.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I carried a G34 for an EP gun and used it off the clock too. IWB it really is just as easy to hide as well as most anything else and I don't think most realize until shown how close it is in size to a 1911. People used to think it was nuts until I put the two side by side, and the epiphany happened. Then when I explained the weight and capacity advantages, I did not seem quite as much like a knuckle dragger.

First, I agree - I really don’t think my 41 carries much harder than a 1911, and the same for my 34.

Second, holy crap - can you palm a basketball? On first glance I thought that was one of the little Browning .380 1911 pattern guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The 19 is easy to conceal, right? But I find the significantly shorter grip of the 26 makes it concealable under a trim t-shirt that would print for me with a 19. The 26 feels a lot more like a 43 to me than a 19.
    Fair point !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I think if I had to face the end of the world and could only have two pistols, I would pick two Glock 26s (two is one and all that). They do carry well and offer a lot of advantages. A G26 was easy to carry OWB.

In the 43 size range, I had rather see a Glock 42x. Though I don’t know why, the two examples of Glock 42s I had both exhibited reliability issues.

Can you still get Gen 3 or Gen 4 blue label Glocks? I have two Gen 1-4 SCDs and no Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Infidel!!!
    Infidel!!!…with man-sized hands…guilty! 😂

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

*yes, I get it, some people can carry a Glock 34 XL Nuclear ZRT Roland Tactical Warfighter when wearing a banana hammock (or claim to, I have my doubts having been to a P-F.com event before and seeing what people consider effective concealment). Most people can't.

I need a P-F.com event, or TGS to evaluate my concealment because somedays I feel like everyone knows I'm carrying; other days I think I could carry a "Glock 34 XL Nuclear ZRT Roland Tactical Warfighter".
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I need a P-F.com event, or TGS to evaluate my concealment because somedays I feel like everyone knows I'm carrying; other days I think I could carry a "Glock 34 XL Nuclear ZRT Roland Tactical Warfighter".
    CCW Imposter Syndrome?

@Glenn E. Meyer, maybe you can write a paper on this?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Haha! I prefer to write on the Open Carry Phallic Display Disorder or OCPDD. See it in the next version of the DSM (the Derp Shooting Manual).

To the issue at hand, my take. I've had a 26, 19, and 17. For a bit, I did an IWB of the 19. The 17 was a house gun and an IDPA gun. I found the 26 was easy to shoot and took an Insights class with it and as far as I could tell shot it as well as the other folks in the class with 19 sized guns. The shorter grip doesn't bother me and is easier to conceal, IMHO. Of course, I am not a super duper shooter and my performance level may not pick up the differences.

I did rent a 43 and did a 100 rounds with it. I found it squirmy in my hands. I suppose practice would break that but I didn't see the need to buy one.

Now when I moved to a 10 round state, which is expensive - moving costs, the 19 went to sale. I kept my 10 round 19 mags (I bought a slew of them very cheap with the ban was lifted for IDPA competition) and they are the mag of choice for my Ruger PCC. The 17 is still my IDPA and USPSA gun (when I don't shoot my 1911). Since the USPSA folks here all shoot super duper guns with the Hubble telescope on them, I just have a nice time and let them chase milliseconds.

Thus, the 26 and an extra mag is EDC. Now a variant, been having a touch of a bad back. I bought a 42 for pocket carry and have OWB it in a JM Custom Kydex Road Dog with a couple of extra mags in a Blade Tech. It goes against my paradigm of having a more than one opponent gun but that's life. I've shot it enough that while it's a touch squirmy, I can manage it. I'll go back to the 26 when the back goes back.

I really didn't like carrying the 42 in my pocket thus when dress requires or getting the garbage can, I carry a SW432 - the 32 HR mag that isn't produced anymore.

As far as I know, no one has done a study on non gun folks detecting concealed carry guns. Since most folks are clueless about most things, I'd bet the rate of discover is low. I wonder how our group thinks they detect CCW. I think about watching folks. I do see some 'tac' vests but does that mean it? Floppy shirts and t-shirts are common for just regular folks. What do you all think?

The one guy I clearly thought was carrying was an old fat guy (I should talk) with a black tight t-shirt with GLOCK on it and a Sneaky Pete giant sized holster (I assume).

So I'm in the 26, 42, 432 EDC club. I have a 642 but it doesn't go out much. Nor does my NAA 22S mini (which I bought for grins - the just because gun).

I see Internet chatter on how OC in TX is so wonderful and constitutional carry is wonderful. However, some of my TX friends are worrying if they will bring about total ban signs of any gun in a business. We will see.

PS, saw my internist for wellness check, he is a major gun guy with foreign adventure creds and works teaching combat meds for people who go to bad places. He is a 43 pocket fan if he has to pocket carry. After poking me, he brought up a whole bunch of videos from his adventures with big flashes and tracers and booms on his pc, besides my records. Nice chat. My ophthalmologist had a tiny sheriffs badge on his label and I asked about it. Reserve deputy and shows me his G23. I said to both I didn't carry into their offices and they both said, Don't worry about it. Go ahead. So WNY is not like NYC.

One bummer, my wife had a major injury and I have to take care of her, thus, I'm out of the match business for a month or two. Accident and people rushed to help her. Real angels and sweethearts, so much for cold NY'ers. The EMTs were great also. Very carrying. She will be OK but it was scary for a bit. Luckily the hospital was not jammed up with Covid denying idiots.

Right now I have a Gen 3 G26. I'm fairly thin, and what I want to wear is a t-shirt and jeans. The 26 is a little bit too thick for that, I want to migrate over to a direct-milled carry optic, and I'd like to have a PML. I'm limited to 10 rounds anyway. So I'm looking at:

• Waiting to see if the G48 w/ rail gets released in the US market
    • Getting a G48 MOS, then a G48 standard slide, and having it direct-milled
    • Sig P365 and direct-milling
    • Sucking it up, and finding a better way to conceal a Gen5 G26 with a milled slide

Honestly, aside from the thickness, there's nothing I really don't like about the G26. Shoots fine for me, maybe even a little more controllable than a full-size. I think the wisest, most-prudent course of action is to buy a G48 and a 365 and try them both on. You may note that this is also the option that gets me two new guns.

One of our captains, I know, carries a G42 or G43 as her uniform gun. I mean, I guess it kinda makes sense for sitting all day and it's basically a badge of office. But I was chuckling to myself one afternoon when I dispatched her to back up a patrol deputy at an open-door burg alarm (we were slammed, it was her or nobody) and wondering if she had a spare magazine or two someplace. I mean, we're fairly low-crime, but we're not no-crime, and we have our share of serious assholes. Then I glanced up at the hallway cams and caught her coming out of the shotgun room with an 870, reversed myself, and wrote a personal memo not to fuck with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Right now I have a Gen 3 G26. I'm fairly thin, and what I want to wear is a t-shirt and jeans. The 26 is a little bit too thick for that, I want to migrate over to a direct-milled carry optic, and I'd like to have a PML. I'm limited to 10 rounds anyway. So I'm looking at:

• Waiting to see if the G48 w/ rail gets released in the US market
    • Getting a G48 MOS, then a G48 standard slide, and having it direct-milled
    • Sig P365 and direct-milling
    • Sucking it up, and finding a better way to conceal a Gen5 G26 with a milled slide

Honestly, aside from the thickness, there's nothing I really don't like about the G26. Shoots fine for me, maybe even a little more controllable than a full-size. I think the wisest, most-prudent course of action is to buy a G48 and a 365 and try them both on. You may note that this is also the option that gets me two new guns.

One of our captains, I know, carries a G42 or G43 as her uniform gun. I mean, I guess it kinda makes sense for sitting all day and it's basically a badge of office. But I was chuckling to myself one afternoon when I dispatched her to back up a patrol deputy at an open-door burg alarm (we were slammed, it was her or nobody) and wondering if she had a spare magazine or two someplace. I mean, we're fairly low-crime, but we're not no-crime, and we have our share of serious assholes. Then I glanced up at the hallway cams and caught her coming out of the shotgun room with an 870, reversed myself, and wrote a personal memo not to fuck with her.
    Please elaborate on your thought process on direct milling. The Glock MOS 43X/48 are direct milled for a RMSc, and the 365/365X are direct milled for the RMSc and 407k/507k. The MOS needs a plate for the 507k but can also be modified to use a 507k without a plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List