Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating being done with the G43

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the single stack mags are made of lighter material and less reinforcement. This would increase mag wear

I had a pretty good talk with somebody at Glock today and they said to send in all my 01 mags because they have been superceded by the 02 body and #2 follower and a much stiffer spring.
    We’ll try again with the couple of 02 mags I have.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I had a pretty good talk with somebody at Glock today and they said to send in all my 01 mags because they have been superceded by the 02 body and #2 follower and a much stiffer spring.
    We’ll try again with the couple of 02 mags I have.
    If I remember right, the new magazines came about as part of the FBI testing, as it took several tries for the 43 to make it through successfully.

I have two 02 mags and they fed 50 rounds of American Eagle 147 fine. They are tough to load the 6th round in. Definitely stronger than the other mags.

Fed good enough that I loaded them up with some 147 HST and had a FTExtract on the second round of the first mag.

Decided to run some of the American Eagle 147 in the G26.5 and had a FTExtract in it on the first mag.

Well those mags are not a fix. I shot two 43s with those mags and 124 grain Lawman this morning and had problems.

I think the mag springs are so strong that they’re slowing the slide down and knocking the case that’s being extracted out of the extractor, causing a FTEject and a high angle FTFeed at the same time.

Well those mags are not a fix. I shot two 43s with those mags and 124 grain Lawman this morning and had problems.

I think the mag springs are so strong that they’re slowing the slide down and knocking the case that’s being extracted out of the extractor, causing a FTEject and a high angle FTFeed at the same time.
    Dude, remind me never to stand next to you in a thunderstorm. You have the worst luck with Glocks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Dude, remind me never to stand next to you in a thunderstorm. You have the worst luck with Glocks.
    We're fixin' to get him a new avatar...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I could do like everyone else and say it’s *flawless*, stick it back in the safe, put a Glock sticker on my truck, and live with that Perfection.

I had a G26.3 do that. An aftermarket extractor (Lone Wolf IIRC) solved it.

I could do like everyone else and say it’s *flawless*, stick it back in the safe, put a Glock sticker on my truck, and live with that Perfection.
    I've reported honestly on any hiccups I've experienced over the years. Many have. It's not either / or.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List