Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating being done with the G43

@M2CattleCo In your case I think that would be best.
    You manage to have relaiblity problems with every Glock discussed on P-F.
    Very strange.
    As @blues says Bon voyage.

If it was isolated to me as a shooter, I’d write it off to two decades of training and competitive shooting that resulted in me not being able to shoot a semi-auto, but none of these guns get any more reliable in different hands.

I have several Gen5 19s and 17s that have been rock solid aside from parts wear, but the smaller ones just never pan out long term. For reference, this 43 and the 26 that showed up a couple weeks ago have launched about 2300 rounds between 5 shooters in that time. If there’s gonna be a problem they show up here.

ETA: That 43 didn’t start jamming on me, but it replicated when I fired a few mags through it. Not sure how a shooter could induce nosedive FTFeeds.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 09-13-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    If it was isolated to me as a shooter, I’d write it off to two decades of training and competitive shooting that resulted in me not being able to shoot a semi-auto, but none of these guns get any more reliable in different hands.

I have several Gen5 19s and 17s that have been rock solid aside from parts wear, but the smaller ones just never pan out long term. For reference, this 43 and the 26 that showed up a couple weeks ago have launched about 2300 rounds between 5 shooters in that time. If there’s gonna be a problem they show up here.

ETA: That 43 didn’t start jamming on me, but it replicated when I fired a few mags through it. Not sure how a shooter could induce nosedive FTFeeds.
    Is it my imagination or does the OAL of that round look a little long?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I didn’t measure it but it’s the last several hundred rounds of a 10K round purchase made a couple of years ago when the the American Eagle 147 was still flat point. The other nine thousand and some-odd rounds ran fine in everything they were shot from.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 43 and 43X are different animals despite sharing 43 in their name.

I only have a little 48 experience, but have experience with a number of 43X pistols. Zero reliability issues with any of them. I find, compared to a 26, the longer grip of the 43X makes it easier to draw, easier to hang onto, and easier to drop the magazine than a 26. The thinner slide is easier for me to conceal than a 26.

If you look at the Glock pistols on the shelves at gun stores, the 19 and 43X are clearly two of the most popular models, and it is hard to find a 26.

The 43 probably made sense when the regular Shield was the competition, but in a world of the 365 and Shield Plus, the 43 seems large for its capacity, and hard to shoot.
    Agree on all points. Crazy this Summer I've shot the 43, 43X and 26 a fair bit to keep current with the hot weather guns and for hits from 7-25 yards they have ranked 1st G26, close 2nd G43 and distant 3rd 43X. A grip issue is the only thing I can think to explain it. Stubby grips can be locked into the palm for consistency. I think GAP has made that point pretty well.

I'm keeping all three. I certainly wouldn't part with the 43.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I’m the same way.

Something about the shape of the hump on the 26 and 43 just works in my hand.

I can do ridiculous things with a 43 at 25 yards.

I have had good luck with 115 ball and 115 Speer Gold Dot in slim line pistols. The Shield Plus is the only one I use 124 +P in.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

As @HCM has mentioned, the Sig P365 family of weapons has proven reliable with Speer Gold Dot 124gr+P. The guns functioned through some high round count agency testing and continue to function through practice and qualification in the field (I’m unaware of any OIS’ in which the P365 was used). I wouldn’t hesitate to carry a P365 with this ammunition. If it’s your agency required or personally preferred duty/carry load, the little Sigs should work just fine with it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

It was brought to my attention that I should check my mags to see if they’re latest and greatest, and they’re not.

There is an 02 body and #2 follower out for the 43. Mine are 01 body and #1 follower. I have two of 02/#2 mags and will try to replicate the nose dives in the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It was brought to my attention that I should check my mags to see if they’re latest and greatest, and they’re not.

There is an 02 body and #2 follower out for the 43. Mine are 01 body and #1 follower. I have two of 02/#2 mags and will try to replicate the nose dives in the next day.
    That's interesting. During my elder son's last deployment this Winter I took my DIL out to get some range time with her G42 which had previously run like a top. It was horrific. In her hands or mine it choked hard every 2-3 rounds. I locked it up and put her through the paces with my 351C .22 mag which she loved and shot well and that was her constant companion til the lad came home and scored her one of their own. In the meantime I got a brand new G42 mag and the little gun was back to running like a top. Makes me give some side eye to the little single stack mags. So far I haven't noticed degredation however. Her mags were old from the year of the original rollout of the G42.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List