Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contemplating being done with the G43

Hammertime

Contemplating being done with the G43

I have a couple G43s one for training purposes, one I carry. And I carry that one less and less often. I am debating getting out of the G43 game entirely for the following reasons:

With an Enigma I can carry a G26 just as easily in a deep concealment situation.

I have found I can run using a belt and a Perun Holster and be just as happy with a G26.

The G43 is too large for a pocket and with the size and reliability of the LCP MAX in my hands, I really like having ten rather than seven rounds on tap in a pocket gun.

The G43 isn't pleasant to shoot. And while I have not had problems shooting it, I took a new, smaller framed, male shooter to the range who wanted to try out various guns yesterday; he had no problem with the G19 or LCP, but had quite a few malfunctions with the G43 which I attribute to weak grip/limp wristing.

There is no way I would want my even smaller framed daughters running the G43 because they would hate it. I would rather they have a G42 or something fullsized.

The G43 takes its own proprietary mags that don't fit any other Glock.

I think the G43 in general is probably outclassed by the other small 9s from S&W and Sig. I can't imagine in this current world choosing a G43 over a P365.

Welcome to the dark side.

(G26 carriers unite!)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I also got rid of my G43s and am doing the G26/G42 pair to cover the bases.
    Adam

The 43/43X/48 are not glocks best offerings in my opinion. I think the 26 is the best small gun they make, and like you said if you need smaller a P365 is probably the way to go currently.

Site Supporter
    Doesn't the 43X's higher capacity and larger grip compensate for some of the above complaints about the regular 43?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Doesn't the 43X's higher capacity and larger grip compensate for some of the above complaints about the regular 43?
    Capacity of a G26, size of a G19 reliability of a G43. Sort of the worst of all worlds IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I have a couple G43s one for training purposes, one I carry. And I carry that one less and less often. I am debating getting out of the G43 game entirely for the following reasons:

With an Enigma I can carry a G26 just as easily in a deep concealment situation.

I have found I can run using a belt and a Perun Holster and be just as happy with a G26.

The G43 is too large for a pocket and with the size and reliability of the LCP MAX in my hands, I really like having ten rather than seven rounds on tap in a pocket gun.

The G43 isn't pleasant to shoot. And while I have not had problems shooting it, I took a new, smaller framed, male shooter to the range who wanted to try out various guns yesterday; he had no problem with the G19 or LCP, but had quite a few malfunctions with the G43 which I attribute to weak grip/limp wristing.

There is no way I would want my even smaller framed daughters running the G43 because they would hate it. I would rather they have a G42 or something fullsized.

The G43 takes its own proprietary mags that don't fit any other Glock.

I think the G43 in general is probably outclassed by the other small 9s from S&W and Sig. I can't imagine in this current world choosing a G43 over a P365.
    FWIW, most of our lab personnel/forensic scientists opt for the 43 over the 19M. The vast majority of them are not “shooters,” and a lot are small-framed women. I don’t recall seeing any issues with the function of the 43’s (the main issue is they can’t hit anything…but the gun works).

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I keep going back and forth on whether the 43X/48 is the best of both worlds, or a weird in-between size I don't need.

I agree. I always got very good performance out of my Glock 26s. By the time you get a holster involved, especially one that is designed to actually be accessible in a fight, the difference really isn't enough to justify the micro-G. Dammit, now I want to get another 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I keep going back and forth on whether the 43X/48 is the best of both worlds, or a weird in-between size I don't need.
    100% the latter.

I get that people like them, but if you can carry either then you can carry a 19 without any of the 43X/48 cons.

However back to the topic, this thread is about the 43 which is a different gun with a useful envelope.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List