Thread: Sig Railed Frames

Sig Railed Frames

What year did Sig start making railed frames for the P226?

We were issued our first 226Rs in 2004. They hadn’t been out very long. So I’m guessing 2002/2003?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I think 2001/2002. I have multiple P226s with the earliest serial number being U663 XXX, which, according to the SIG forum serial # list https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tp...5/m/7320040262, were manufactured between 2002 and 2005. I don't have anything with an exact date (like an envelope with test-fired cases or date stickers on the box), but the date codes I've come across on grip panels and night sights match this time frame. I've seen railed guns as far back as U658 XXX.

The folded carbon steel slides on the P226 were phased out in the late 90s I believe, and there were a few years of one-piece slides on non-railed frames before the P226Rs were released, but I don't see a lot of these popping up in the wild compared to the older folded slide or newer railed frame guns. I'm keeping an eye out for a new/old stock non-railed P226 9mm from this time period, but they're fairly hen's teeth--I've only seen one in the past 6 or 7 years, and I dropped out of a bidding war once the price got stupid.

Site Supporter
    A better question might be: "What year did SIG start making 1913-spec rails for the P226, and not the rounded hack-job they started with?"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Google search says the Mk25 was introduced with the 1913 rail in 2011.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List