Thread: Removal - Left or Right rear Glock sight?

Removal - Left or Right rear Glock sight?

New sights came in. Borrowing a VISM / NC Star rear sight pusher.

Reviewing videos and searching P-F I’ve seen and read both directions for removal and installation.

Does it matter?

Gen 5 Glock 17. Removing Triji HD’s that have been sliding (I tried a light coat of red loctite but they still slide).

Installing a set of Proctors. I plan on degreasing the new rear sight w/ brake cleaner, and the dove tail also.

Once zeroed - I’ll add a small drop of blue loctite to the set screws.

Anyone know a torque spec for set screws? They could be w/ the product but I do not have it in hand.

Any and all suggestions / experiences - please.

Name:  8A55FC15-0D40-44A5-9F2A-3D64B54E853C.jpg
Views: 3509
Size:  24.6 KB

Per the armorer’s manual. I don’t see anything that says you have to install that way.

Got’em swapped. More searching lead me to Frank Proctors video about installation.

I used a portable vice and brass punch (and not a sight pusher) per his instructions.

I will be very surprised if these things move.

I think that I was overthinking it!

Cleaned off old red permatex residue w/ rubbing alcohol, same for degreasing everything else.

I removed the old sight left to right and installed right to left.

Red permatexed the front sight.

Took a few attempts to not overdue the “bulb” and get a good fit for the fiber optic.

Really glad I bought a front sight tool and had the vice and punches.

Attached is a pic of how far I could put the sights on by hand before needing the punch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good deal.

I installed two sets of sights this week (XD and G17.5) and both rears needed quite a bit of stoning to fit. The G17.5 was getting a replacement Night Fision sight and they must have sent him a factory defect to replace the one that had a burned out lamp. It was visibly bowed and had to be fitted more than any other Glock sight I've installed.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I use this one . I've pushed them on and off both ways. Never had a problem. If you ram a tight sight in one way, then force it straight through the other side later it can supposedly open up the dovetail too much for future sights. Sounds plausible.

User Tag List