Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: How to use Ching sling on Steyr Scout

Any thread where you can say “Il Ling rocks a Ching Sling” 3xfast is a good thread.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I don't have a Steyr Scout but have been around them. You might check the The Scout Rifle forum for more specific info. I don't recall if the middle sling should be connected on the right or left side (not an option for other Scout shooters) and I can see advantages to either side, but the loop should be adjusted to be snug when looped up in a braced position. The tail of the sling between the loop and the heel of the stock should be loose when looped up.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Umm, Magpul has an excellent variant which blends the 1907 and Rhodesian; it's called their RLS (Rifle Loop Sling) and it costs a massive $15-$20... Best, Jon
    I’d never seen these on a store shelf until this afternoon, so I bought one and installed it on one of my Ruger American Rimfires. I hope to get some range time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’d never seen these on a store shelf until this afternoon, so I bought one and installed it on one of my Ruger American Rimfires. I hope to get some range time next week.
    Please do let us know what you find.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Since we are talking Ching slings, PF's own @SLG developed an excellent version for AR's the PIG SMS (Swift Mechanical Support) Sling as produced (or previously produced) by SKD tactical.

https://skdtac.com/pig-sms-swift-mec...ling-patented/

Unfortunately they have been out of stock for years.

Attachment 76719
    I emailed SKDTAC and they said they plan to have some SMS slings after the new year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I emailed SKDTAC and they said they plan to have some SMS slings after the new year.
    That's great news !

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Great news! I’ll get two or three at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Please do let us know what you find.
    Name:  C90E7359-7FEF-482A-B714-0E67246ED0CC.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  61.0 KB

From left: ten rounds prone, second group also ten rounds prone but with the RLS sling. Third group is five rounds sitting with sling, last is five rounds sitting, no sling. I think I need to tweak the sling adjustment and maybe move the scope forward in the rings. The rifle is zeroed with CCI MiniMags and a suppressor, the ammunition used tonight was some bulk Federal I found in a ziplock bag.

User Tag List