Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Staggered Mini-9 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Agree with @TGS the X9, G26 etc are double stack guns and not relevant here. Regardless of their capacity or subcompact length and height they are full thickness guns and thus “carry” differently.

The attraction of stagger mag guns is they “carry” like single stack guns..

I pocket snd ankle carried a G26 for several years and it’s a small brick.
    Granted, to some the 0.15" difference in thickness between the X9s and the 365x would matter a lot. There's the same 0.15" difference between the X9s and the EDC X9 and the X9s feels thinner -so point taken.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

What's the current state of the P365 XL or P365X? They sound like they fit what I want the best, but I worry about the past reported issues like broken strikers. Are the current models having any problems?

Site Supporter
    I cannot compare the P365 to anything else being discussed in this thread, but I do have two of these guns, one purchased in the summer of 2019, and the other purchased this past summer.

The first of these has become the gun on my person about 98% of the time. With flat base pad 10 round magazines, it is a game changer for pocket carry. With 12 round magazines, it splits the difference between a G19 and G26 while being thinner than both, making it ideal for IWB carry. Unlike my G19, it has not yet poked a hole in any of my shirts.

Both guns have a low round count at this point, but so far have been 100% reliable.

If the gun is disassembled for cleaning, do not move the takedown lever from the takedown position, or reassembling the gun will be a challenge.

The factory night sights are very nice, but went dim after about 2 years on my first example. That gun now has Night Fision sights.

I do not see myself using either of these guns with a mounted light, but for anyone who does, a Streamlight TLR-7 will not fit, but a NightStick single CR123 weapon light will fit.

Holsters, magazine pouches, etc. seem readily available. I use either an Aholster pocket holster or JM Custom Kydex IWB #3 to carry mine.

Other than having to re-acquire the sights after each shot, recoil is quite comfortable. Last weekend, I shot 270 rounds through the newer gun, and would have continued had my wife not called me home for dinner. I would like to have my wife try this gun to see how she likes it.

My only complaint is the grip angle, which is noticeably more vertical than Glock. I have not previously noticed the difference in grip angle between a Glock and 1911 throwing off my draws from a holster when transitioning between those two guns, but the grip angle of the P365 required some adjustments after using Glocks almost exclusively for well over a decade.

If Sig ever comes out with a .22 lr. version of the P365, I will buy it as soon as I can for practice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    What's the current state of the P365 XL or P365X? They sound like they fit what I want the best, but I worry about the past reported issues like broken strikers. Are the current models having any problems?
    Broken strikers was an issue with the the initial P365s. I was fixed long before the 365XL was even a thing and has not re-appeared in either platform.

I've seen two issues with POW P365s at my agency both of which appear to have been one time "bad batch" issues: Some out of takedown levers with rough edges causing issues taking the slide off for field stripping (but no functional issues); Some sight dovetails cut oversize resulting in sights drifting under recoil.

The guns flat out run and IME they are the best gun SIG makes.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Not sure if you would consider it a "problem", but some have reported rust issues. GJM posted a pic in another thread of his 365XL with a rusty sight dovetail. The mags and mag catch area seem to be the most commonly complained about area for rust, and I can attest that my mags started getting surface rust after just a few days sitting on an indoor shelf, even after being oiled. Would hate to see what they would have looked like after a few days of IWB carry in the Georgia summer. Some people get their mags coated or are able to find a rust preventative that works. Plenty of people have no issues, though, even in very humid conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Is the Hellcat even worth mentioning? I've heard so many mixed reviews but LTT selling an upgraded model has caught my attention.
    I am curious of the same thing. Especially since there is a thumb safety version now. I know I am in the minority , but I would love to see a functional thumb safety on a micro nine or a hammer fired micro nine … I think a true da/sa micro nine is out of the picture given its complexity and the form factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I am curious of the same thing. Especially since there is a thumb safety version now. I know I am in the minority , but I would love to see a functional thumb safety on a micro nine or a hammer fired micro nine … I think a true da/sa micro nine is out of the picture given its complexity and the form factor.

I’m with you. A useable TS or even a DAO smaller gun would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m with you. A useable TS or even a DAO smaller gun would be nice.
    The P365 I picked up is the MS variant - I’m finding it very usable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The P365 I picked up is the MS variant - I’m finding it very usable.
    Really? I thought it looked borderline at best. May easy to off safe but hard to put on safe.

If I’m wrong about that, then color me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Really? I thought it looked borderline at best. May easy to off safe but hard to put on safe.

If I’m wrong about that, then color me happy.
    Is that fuschia?

Seriously, thought - my hand size works well with it. I’d actually love to see a slightly larger MS on a P365XL.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List