Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Staggered Mini-9 Discussion

Site Supporter
    My 1/19 DOM 365 has just under 3000rds and my
    7/19 DOM XL has close to 5000 with 0 malfunctions

The G48 recoil spring argument is peculiar to me. There's not a gun on this list I would run past 2000 rounds on the spring, and I would most likely change at 1000 (which is what I do with the 48 anyway) There's also not a gun on this list I would carry loaded with +P or +P+ ammo.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter

Staggered Mini-9 Discussion

I carry my P365 with +P ammo. Although my round count with this ammo is low, it has been 100% reliable with all ammo I have tried.

I also change recoil springs frequently, and purchased a few replacements shortly after buying the gun. For a full size gun, I have seen recommendations of 2,000-5,000 rounds. Rohrbaugh recommended changing the recoil springs every 100 rounds in their tiny 9mm. For a small but not absolutely tiny 9mm, 1,000-2,000 rounds seems to make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I believe Sig recommends 2500 rds,
    I'd think a diet of +P's would shorten that

Site Supporter
    I do not see a reason for a steady diet of +P once reliability is determined, unless a police department requires training with duty ammo. I would rather prolong the life of the gun with standard pressure practice ammo. The difference in recoil is noticeable but not large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Made the switch to the P2000sk about 6 months ago. Prior to that it was only carried occasionally. Based on dimensions, it's in the ballpark. Performance wise, it does everything I ask of it. Including standard metrics and accuracy.

G43X / P2000SK

Dimensions
    Glock G43X MOS
    Length: 6.5 in
    Height: 5.04 in
    Width: 1.1 in
    Weight: 18.55 oz
    Barrel: 3.41 in
    Heckler & Koch P2000 SK
    Length: 6.4 in
    Height: 4.55 in
    Width: 1.27 in
    Weight: 24 oz
    Barrel: 3.26 in
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The G48 recoil spring argument is peculiar to me. There's not a gun on this list I would run past 2000 rounds on the spring, and I would most likely change at 1000 (which is what I do with the 48 anyway) There's also not a gun on this list I would carry loaded with +P or +P+ ammo.
    I can tell you from both personal and professional experience that:

G43s do not function well with +P ammo. The G43 RSA and the G48 RSA, make of that what you will

The P365 and P365XL function well with +P ammo.

There may be pistols in this category better than the P365 but I like the P365 well enough with the 12 round mag I feel no desire to go looking. I've shot and compared the Glock 43 with the P365. I didn't care for the Glock. I do like how soft the Glock 42 shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If the gun is disassembled for cleaning, do not move the takedown lever from the takedown position, or reassembling the gun will be a challenge.
    If the take down lever moves out of position (which it'll do easily) just push up on the slide release and swing the take down lever down once more. Pulling the trigger while disassembled also moves the lever out of position.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I'm pondering options on slimline guns after going through a P365XL (not robust enough), P365 (wife's, but too small for me anyway), G43X (too snappy) and a direct milled G48 that did not prove reliable enough with carry ammo. Since selling the G48, I picked up a G19 Gen 5 MOS+507c, which I am pretty happy with AIWB for daily carry, but want something between that and the Ruger LCR which I use for taking the trash out. For this purpose, I probably just stick with irons; I'm not sure a dot fits into my use case for a thin 10 round subcompact.

I was going to go rent a G43, but 6+1 in OEM mags, plus the apparent lack of availability of SCDs has gotten me widening the aperture of small single stack 9s beyond Glocks, and well, here I am in this thread.

So, specifically: With regard to the Shield Plus (3.1" barrel, SKU 13249), these have been out for what, since March this year? How have they been faring? Any recurring issues or common problems?

I’ve had a Shield Plus for a while now. I’m less than 500 rounds through mine, but no issues. There are subtitle changes to the shape of the grip from the Gen 1/2 Shields. But the changes to the grip make a substantial improvement in my opinion. I really like the stock flat faced trigger.

The only complaint was a lack of spare magazines. But 2 x 13 round magazines showed up in the mail from Brownells yesterday. So they are starting to ship them.

My “little” 9mm quest to date is S&W 3913, Kahr PM9, Shield Gen1 G43, G43x, Sig P365. For my hand size, the Shield Plus stands out above all the others.

User Tag List