Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 EDC - anyone move on and then go back?

HK P30 EDC - anyone move on and then go back?

Through the years I've noticed a number of members here were advocates of the P30 series, usually the LEM version. Seems like a few moved on to Glocks or <shudder> Sigs. Anybody move back or pick the LEM torch again? I'm kind of curious why and how successful you've been in "relearning" the LEM versus striker fired firearms.

Site Supporter
    Not lem but yes v1 da/sa here.

This pistol is fantastic.

I don’t think anyone around here is incapable of learning LEM. It’s just that at some point everyone quits putting up with it.

If you train enough to get good with LEM, the supposed benefits will be wasted on you because you’re trained way past that level.

I carry a LEM pistol almost all the time. Usually either a P30 or a USP45. I occasionally carry a Glock 19 for various reason (like I am training a group and every one else is using one), but the P30 is my go to 9mm.

I have a LEM P30. I'm not having any luck being proficient with it at 15 yds. It's the trigger that has me hung up. I shoot my SRT Sigs pretty well. As soon as my dealer gets back from AK this month I'm going to sell it. No sense in having it around if I can't shoot it and not willing to put the time into it to master the trigger.

LEM might be a great advantage to a novice cop but I'm not on board.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have a LEM P30. I'm not having any luck being proficient with it at 15 yds. It's the trigger that has me hung up. I shoot my SRT Sigs pretty well. As soon as my dealer gets back from AK this month I'm going to sell it. No sense in having it around if I can't shoot it and not willing to put the time into it to master the trigger.

LEM might be a great advantage to a novice cop but I'm not on board.
    This is the reason I started the thread. I have owned Glocks of one sort or the other since Gen ones were released and now have a G17.5 and a G19.5 that I can run at speed with great accuracy. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older I've started to worry more about carrying a striker fired gun. On the hammer/LEM side I have the entire P30 series in V1 LEM and a couple of P2000s in V2 LEM and struggle with the same level of accuracy and speed. All of the guns are stock save for sights on the Glocks. I know that it is clearly me and not the guns (see Todd's recorded FAST drill times and results as proof of what is possible) so just struggling with what to do in this new era of limited ammo and training time.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    This is the reason I started the thread. I have owned Glocks of one sort or the other since Gen ones were released and now have a G17.5 and a G19.5 that I can run at speed with great accuracy. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older I've started to worry more about carrying a striker fired gun. On the hammer/LEM side I have the entire P30 series in V1 LEM and a couple of P2000s in V2 LEM and struggle with the same level of accuracy and speed. All of the guns are stock save for sights on the Glocks. I know that it is clearly me and not the guns (see Todd's recorded FAST drill times and results as proof of what is possible) so just struggling with what to do in this new era of limited ammo and training time.
    On a timer,I can run a G19 or a P30 just about the same. It really doesn't make any difference. Once you take up the slack on the LEM trigger for the first shot, you reset just like the G19.

I still have mine but no. LEM doesn't concern me but absence of optic interface and slimline variant does. Even P30sk is rather large for as subcompact.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Don't hate on Sigs man...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    Rip the bandage off and sell the HKs. That was my decision anyway. No regrets. Unless you like to have a collection of HKs. I never carried my HKs but I had a bunch and now have none.

User Tag List