Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what 38 wadcutter and where to get it

Best 148 grain .38 Wadcutter load for SD...

I have always chosen the Winchester Super Match WC (X38SMRP) if I can find it, but expect it to be expensive. After that, the Federal Gold Medal Match WC (GM38A) is my 2nd choice. When I am wanting a similar load (bullet style, weight, etc.) but lower cost, mainly for plinking... I have used Sellier & Bellot Wad Cutter (SB38B).

Buffalo Bore has their 150gr wadcutters in stock. A little spicier than other brands but hits the sights on all my 2” snubs.

Edit: whoops, saw that load was already discussed ITT.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

PrecisionOne has 148gr wadcutters in stock as I post this.

I buy a mini-case of 250 rounds each time I see them in stock. They're well made, safely packed and shipped (quickly), clean, and accurate enough for me. All things being equal, I buy the Federals, but all things aren't equal, so this is it for now, and I don't hesitate.

They also have 45LC in stock right now, so adding on a box was basically free, with no additional shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Thanks for heads up, ordered; especially like that they are plated. I’m excited to see how they shoot.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 10-19-2021 at 08:20 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

In the seven o'clock hour this morning, barely 12 hours after ordering, I had my tracking number and a delivery scheduled for Friday.

It's pretty hard to beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post

I buy a mini-case of 250 rounds each time I see them in stock. They're well made, safely packed and shipped (quickly), clean, and accurate enough for me. All things being equal, I buy the Federals, but all things aren't equal, so this is it for now, and I don't hesitate.

They also have 45LC in stock right now, so adding on a box was basically free, with no additional shipping.
    I know it’s a brave new world but man $800/k is hard to stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I know it’s a brave new world but man $800/k is hard to stomach.
    You're not wrong. If I needed hundreds of these per month, I'd consider reloading them. On the plus side, 148gr are all I use in 38, so if I want to throw a Chief's Special in the pocket for a run to town, I'm not wondering what's in there. I know it's factory 148.

User Tag List