Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what 38 wadcutter and where to get it

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    dude i just need like 100 and i'll be happy lol
    Dude, I will hook you up.

I know a guy.

Underwood 150gr. wadcutter if you can find them. Underwood has some .38 extreme penetrator they are currently producing available.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ive been on PDs mailing list for over a year and no notifications for wc during that time.
    I check their site a couple times hoping but no luck. I was getting hopeful a couple months ago when they we’re keeping 9, 40, and 45 in stock regularly until the Russian ammo scare put everything OOS again

I like Fiocchi wadcutters. I fired a cylinderful into my swimming pool and the recovered bullets showed absolutely no deformation or rounding of the shoulder - just rifling marks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I like Fiocchi wadcutters. I fired a cylinderful into my swimming pool and the recovered bullets showed absolutely no deformation or rounding of the shoulder - just rifling marks.
    Sounds like my kind of neighborhood!

I have been shooting a mix my last couple boxes of Remington and some Georgia Arms. The Georgia Arms groups great in some revolvers but not others. The Remington groups great in everything.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Sounds like my kind of neighborhood!

I have been shooting a mix my last couple boxes of Remington and some Georgia Arms. The Georgia Arms groups great in some revolvers but not others. The Remington groups great in everything.
    I bought several 100rnd bags of the Georgia Arms wadcutters back before covid in anticipation of a j-frame class I was signed up for. The class got canceled due to covid, so I've been shooting the stuff on my range trip. Absolute garbage, making me glad I didn't take them to class. They're more than a foot low at 25yds out of my 2" LCR. I can get them dialed in with my adjustable sighted 6" K38, but the extra barrel and adjustable sights is what makes that possible. They're fine at short distances from the LCR. Next time I'll just use my handloads instead. I had just started loading wadcutters and wanted some "factory" ammo to rule out reloading mistakes in class...I should have trusted my abilities and 23 years experience. :|

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I bought several 100rnd bags of the Georgia Arms wadcutters back before covid in anticipation of a j-frame class I was signed up for. The class got canceled due to covid, so I've been shooting the stuff on my range trip. Absolute garbage, making me glad I didn't take them to class. They're more than a foot low at 25yds out of my 2" LCR. I can get them dialed in with my adjustable sighted 6" K38, but the extra barrel and adjustable sights is what makes that possible. They're fine at short distances from the LCR. Next time I'll just use my handloads instead. I had just started loading wadcutters and wanted some "factory" ammo to rule out reloading mistakes in class...I should have trusted my abilities and 23 years experience. :|

Chris
    I have shot Georgia Arms ammo off and on for years (they used to be really cheap and sold at local gun shows) and never hand any issue with their jhp loads in .32 Long, .32 mag (xtps) and .357 mag (gold dot). I didn’t like their low end .44 mag lead semi wadcutter load because I found it quite Smoky and dirty. These .38 wadcutter are just loaded too light for the bullet hardness / diameter maybe. Group fine in some revolvers and just pattern in others.

I bought a big box of Bayou Bullets coated 138 button nose wadcutters and plan to load up several hundred of them to play around with. May even try some in 38 Short Colt and Long Colt cases in I have the time.

Those kick like a mother f*****. The whole reason for a wad cutter is reduced recoil and improved shootability leading to improved accuracy and more practice.

If I was going to put up with that much recoil I would choose and expanding projectile.

Notably more recoil with the Buffalo bore than the spear Gold Dot 135 grain plus p 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Those kick like a mother f*****. The whole reason for a wad cutter is reduced recoil and improved shootability leading to improved accuracy and more practice.

If I was going to put up with that much recoil I would choose and expanding projectile.

Notably more recoil with the Buffalo bore than the spear Gold Dot 135 grain plus p 38 special
    Nope. This is PF. The whole reason for wadcutters is to cut holes through bones, blood transporting vessels and important organs without over penetrating 😁

Yes those UW are ridiculous.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List