Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lakeland FL; shooting that killed four, including a baby

Site Supporter
    If they want to play the servicemember/veteran card, they should have to hand his ass over to a group of us veterans to extract justice.
    Judge us as a whole by how we'd choose to hold our own accountable for this kind of unspeakably heinous shit..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Survivalist... riiiigghhtt... Let’s gloss right over the fact that he was geeked out on meth. Probably had been binging on meth for an extended period and had some drug-induced psychosis going on. But let’s talk about “survivalist”. Way to go media. The agenda is pretty clear.
    a self-described survivalist
    Can't speak to the Sharpshooter thing but real or imagined, the 'survivalist" label came from the suspect himself.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/marine-fl...g-zero-remorse

A Marine sharpshooter has shown "zero remorse" after breaking into a Florida home and gunning down four people, including a baby in his mother's arms, according to law enforcement, and has justified his actions to investigators by explaining that he "tortured" the only surviving victim, an 11-year-old girl, because he believed God sent him to save a victim of sex trafficking who was going to commit suicide.
    He returned to his home in Brandon, Florida, where he admitted to investigators he began his mission operation plan, before driving back to Lakeland early Sunday. The sheriff described how Riley allegedly stated to investigators, "God told me to kill everyone and to rescue Amber because she’s a victim of sex trafficking."

"He was seeking out Amber, who wanted to commit suicide, who was a victim of sex trafficking and it was all a figment of his imagination," Judd said, explaining how there was no one by the name of Amber at the home. "All fiction, all made up by him. There was no victims of sex crime in that house."
    On Sunday morning, Judd said, the man repositioned his truck three times so he would have the opportunity for a fast departure and identified three entrance points to home. After planning "diversions and exit strategy," Riley slashed tires on a sedan and on a pickup truck that he ultimately set on fire. He also set up a path of glow sticks so "he could find his way out during an emergency at night, and if he found Amber she could escape," Judd said.

Riley doused the vehicles with gasoline and set the truck on fire as a diversion. He used breaching tools and shot through the front door of the grandmother’s apartment before going around and shooting through a window, killing the woman in a process he described as "clearing the house."

"I dumped a mag," Riley told investigators, meaning he had used a whole magazine while entering the house and killing the victim, before he "immediately reset" to start a "methodical search for Amber in main house." He shot through and entered the door, noting to detectives, "I know it made a lot of noise so I had to push through."

Upon entering the hallway, Riley told investigators, "God told me I was protected," according to Judd. He admitted to shooting the dog two times, then cleared the hallway and shot through a bathroom door where the family was hiding.

He shot Gleason, who attempted to push back against the door, and then Gleason's 33-year-old significant other and their 3-month old son in her arms, killing all three. Riley told authorities he then grabbed the 11-year-old girl from the bathroom and took her to the living room and asked her, "Where is Amber?"

The girl said, "I’m not Amber, there is no Amber," and Riley shot her. He demanded answers and counted "1, 2, 3" before shooting her again. According to Judd, he told investigators, "I tortured her in order to investigate, in order to find Amber."

"You know why I killed your parents? They’re sex traffickers," Riley said he told the girl, adding, "I shot her in legs, then when she wouldn’t tell me where Amber was, I killed her." Before he shot the girl, the suspect said, "I asked God if a 12-year-old could be involved in sex trafficking and God told me yes and that’s when I killed her."

But miraculously the girl survived, telling detectives she played dead and prayed, until law enforcement rescued her from the home. Judd said the girl outsmarted the gunman and praised her courage.
    A lieutenant managed to enter the house from the back door and engaged in a shootout with Riley, who was shot in the stomach through the side of his bulletproof vest. Five deputies and one Lakeland police officer continued the shootout, firing an estimated 59 times at the suspect, who fired more than 100 times, Judd said. Three firearms belonging to the suspect were recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    If they want to play the servicemember/veteran card,
    You might not be old enough to remember this, but in movies/TV in the '70's, Vietnam vets were mostly portrayed as having problems. Media seizing on "veteran" when psychotic drug user would be a better term is not a new thing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You might not be old enough to remember this, but in movies/TV in the '70's, Vietnam vets were mostly portrayed as having problems. Media seizing on "veteran" when psychotic drug user would be a better term is not a new thing.
    "In a couple of weeks, you'll pick him up in Seattle or someplace, working in a car wash."
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-10-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You might not be old enough to remember this, but in movies/TV in the '70's, Vietnam vets were mostly portrayed as having problems.
    Name:  thumb_all-he-wanted-was-2-contramags-something-to-eat-rambo-24857498.png
Views: 374
Size:  32.8 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    "In a couple of weeks, you'll pick him up in Seattle or someplace, working in a car wash."
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Name:  thumb_all-he-wanted-was-2-contramags-something-to-eat-rambo-24857498.png
Views: 374
Size:  32.8 KB
    If you watch First Blood with the Stallone’s commentary he’s well aware of this and it was a big reason why they didn’t end the movie like the book with Trautmann killing Johnny.

Also, in the book it’s also made a lot clearer that Sheriff Teasle was a decorated Korean War vet and him and John Rambo both end up a lot more insane in the end.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Im surprised domestic terrorist Trump Supporter hasnt come up yet.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Well that was nauseating.

May peace be upon their souls.

User Tag List