Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titegroup and coated bullets?

I prefer Bluebullets over plated by far. As well, barrel wear seems much less than for jacketed. Some of the other coated bullets aren’t as good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I prefer Bluebullets
    Your advocacy is part of what got me looking at them after the jacketed bullets I had been buying from Everglades became unavailable and subsequently substantially more expensive. Blue Bullets extended their lead times but held their prices, my friends and my pooled purchases are probably around 10-12k so far.

I have been mostly loading the 147g TC ahead of some Longshot and it seems to be working well. But I want to load some lighter 38 loads and all the fast powder in the cabinet (mostly shotgun) isn't metering very well. Then I remembered I still have a little Titegroup left, and if I can even find just a pound of it that will last a while for 38s. I have some of their 158gn SWC, probably will order some of the 125gn RN.

ETA: In a couple of cases I have recommended them to friends, and they place an order and I front them a box of mine that they replace.

I've been using Bayou coated bullets and TiteGroup for over 10 years in my Glocks and others. I was using Montana Gold, but the price kept going up. I've been very satisfied with the Bayou bullets.

I’ve had no issues with 147gr and 135gr Bayou and Brazos bullets over Titegroup, apart from the whole Civil War reenactment experience when shooting indoors. HP38 is similarly smoky with the 135s.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I’ve had no issues with 147gr and 135gr Bayou and Brazos bullets over Titegroup, apart from the whole Civil War reenactment experience when shooting indoors. HP38 is similarly smoky with the 135s.
    How do you like the 135s?
    #RESIST

Anyone have load data for Titegroup and .45acp 230gr projectiles?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve loaded and shot about 1400 of them at this point. I’m happy with them (Brazos), and ended up with about 4000 bullets on my shelf. The reasoning behind them was to have something compatible with both Titegroup and HP38 in these times of scarcity, as I had a bunch of HP38 left over. Plan is to load my remaining 147s with TG and use up the HP38 on the 135s. Between the two loads that’ll speak for my remaining SPPs, and hopefully by the time I burn through those primers will be reasonably available.

I’ve found 4.1gr and 3.9gr of HP38 to be the most accurate with the 135gr. I’d have to check my notes for COAL, but it was loaded as long as would reliably feed in my guns. Pulled the load straight off Hogdon’s website.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Name:  IMG_1350.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  29.9 KB

I tried the Bayou 135 grain RN for a while. They shot just as good as the 147 FP Bayou, but hit a little off POA/POI for my pistols that were sighted in with 147s. That's a 25 yard target.

I have used Missouri Bullets in the past. Some of my guns lead with them and certain powders. I've been otherwise happy.

I do have an order in with Precision Bullets for a few thousand of their newfangled coated and swaged bullets. I've heard good things, their product videos seem cool, and I'm looking forward to trying them out if they ever arrive. I think I'm in Week 13 or 14 of a 10+ week backorder. Mildly irritating because I'm also short of .45s and would place a case order right now if I had gotten a chance to try out the 9s I'm waiting on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Anyone have load data for Titegroup and .45acp 230gr projectiles?
    I’ve been using 4.4 grains with an SNS 230 grain coated bullet no leading that I can see and fairly accurate.

User Tag List