Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Our local hospital is full of unvaccinated covid patients.
    Our local hospital made the same claims as some other areas , china virus patients over running the hospital , had to shut down half the surgery department to care for china virus patients.......then 2 weeks ago a transformer blew and killed power to the hospital plus the back up generator failed to start and all the patients had to be moved to another hospital....all 22 of them. They were making false claims to get their hands on more funding.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The glue that holds this society together seems to be nearing or past its expiration date.
    Probably a different thread but, you can only gaslight people and shove the woke agenda on normal folks lives for so long before they get tired of it. Now add on top of that the the quoted story.... The conflicting narrative, often driven by political motives, leaves people without a coherent, credible belief about what constitutes effective behavior. I can absolutely understand where this leads to frustrations and anger boiling over.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Probably a different thread but, you can only gaslight people and shove the woke agenda on normal folks lives for so long before they get tired of it. Now add on top of that the the quoted story.... The conflicting narrative, often driven by political motives, leaves people without a coherent, credible belief about what constitutes effective behavior. I can absolutely understand where this leads to frustrations and anger boiling over.
    As can I. But I still think the glue is developing cracks.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The glue that holds this society together seems to be nearing or past its expiration date.
    I’m reminded of that quote about a democracy or a representative republic being a terribly inefficient way to govern or get things done, but a fantastic way to keep a people divided from killing each other. Roughly. This is about more than the pandemic; the pandemic just makes things easier to see, like contrast dye in a radiology chart of a diseased body.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Our local hospital made the same claims as some other areas , china virus patients over running the hospital , had to shut down half the surgery department to care for china virus patients.......then 2 weeks ago a transformer blew and killed power to the hospital plus the back up generator failed to start and all the patients had to be moved to another hospital....all 22 of them. They were making false claims to get their hands on more funding.
    Do you have an a source for this information?

If so please post it. This is addressed to all going forward not just yourself.

There is all sorts of rumor and false info regarding COVID issues (some of which is driving the violence and criminal activity). I would like to keep this thread factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Do you have an a source for this information?

If so please post it. This is addressed to all going forward not just yourself.

There is all sorts of rumor and false info regarding COVID issues (some of which is driving the violence and criminal activity). I would like to keep this thread factual.
    This is semi-true, actually: https://www.wbko.com/2021/08/28/powe...r-leitchfield/

But the missing context is that this hospital had 6 ICU beds, with all 6 filled with COVID patients: http://www.k105.com/2021/08/26/owens...are-beds-full/

So 22 is not the operative number here, 6 is. It doesn't seem like a false claim.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    This is semi-true, actually: https://www.wbko.com/2021/08/28/powe...r-leitchfield/

But the missing context is that this hospital had 6 ICU beds, with all 6 filled with COVID patients: http://www.k105.com/2021/08/26/owens...are-beds-full/

So 22 is not the operative number here, 6 is. It doesn't seem like a false claim.
    I've heard this sort of thing referred to as "Gee Whiz Facts"- factoids that sound impressive until you get the rest... of the story.

Kind of like when my sister came in second when she ran the 2 mile at a track meet. Second of two, that is.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've heard this sort of thing referred to as "Gee Whiz Facts"- factoids that sound impressive until you get the rest... of the story.

Kind of like when my sister came in second when she ran the 2 mile at a track meet. Second of two, that is.
    In Trumpland, six critical beds is not nothing.

I'd also like to see the documentation on the hospital spinning the numbers just to get funding.

I've had patients be rude to my office staff when asked to wear a mask and have a temperature screen. Everyone is told prior to the visit via phone call as to the policy and the policy is posted everywhere in front of my office entry. Sometimes I have to come out and tell them that this is my house/my rules/community standard of practice. If they don't like it, they are free find a new doctor. Usually they comply and I don't debate it any further. One time, I had a guy got so irate, he literally laid out on the waiting room floor screaming "this was bullshit and I can't breath with a mask" (which was bullshit...I know what he can and can't do). I gathered up some witnesses (including some of my other patients) and checked him out right there. I have cameras everywhere and advised him as much. I told him, I can call 911 and have EMS take him away, he can get up and walk out because he was fired from my service, or I can call the cops. He got up and walked out.

After this past year, I have a lot of empathy for TSA workers and can understand why they may seem flustered sometimes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

Thanks.

A Nigerian conman I had arrested once told me the best lies are always built around a core of truth.

User Tag List