Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...SAEN_210Report

'I can't wait for the shooting to start': Texas man accused of sending doctor threats over vaccine

A North Texas man was indicted by a federal grand jury Tuesday for allegedly threatening a prominent medical doctor via text message over the COVID-19 vaccine, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a news release.

Scott Eli Harris, 51, of Aubrey, Texas, was charged with threats transmitted by interstate communication. He was scheduled to appear Wednesday morning in U.S. District Court in Plano, Texas.

On July 12, 2020, Harris texted the doctor: “Never going to take your wonder drug. My 12 gauge promises I won’t… I can’t wait for the shooting to start,” the DOJ said.

Media outlets identified the victim as Dr. Leana Wen, the former Baltimore health commissioner and one-time national president for Planned Parenthood, NBC News reported. Wen is a vocal advocate for the vaccine and a frequent contributor on television news programs, such as on CNN, and in newspapers, such as The Washington Post.

“We take seriously threats and intimidation, and this charge makes clear that such conduct will be prosecuted federally,” said Erek Barron, U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland.

Student
    Central York elementary school teacher charged with making terroristic threat
    Chad Gerrick, a teacher at Sinking Springs Elementary School, allegedly threatened school officials after a plastic barrier in his classroom was removed, police say.

YORK COUNTY, Pa. — An elementary school teacher in the Central York School District was arrested last week, accused of threatening school officials after a plastic barrier erected in his classroom as a safety measure against COVID-19 was removed, police say.

Chad Gerrick, 50, of Dove Drive in Manchester Township, is charged with one misdemeanor count of terroristic threats, according to a criminal complaint affidavit filed by Northern York County Regional Police.'

Gerrick, a teacher at Sinking Spring Elementary School, was charged last Friday after a cafeteria worker heard him threaten to "shoot all them f--kers at the ESC," referring to the Central York Educational Service Center on Marion Road, police said in the complaint.

Gerrick also allegedly said that if he got sick with COVID-19, he would "come to school and spread COVID to everyone I can," according to police.

The worker who claimed to have heard Gerrick make the statements reported the incident to school administration and submitted a written account of her recollection. She said Gerrick made the statements Friday morning.

Police claim Gerrick was angered by a conversation he'd had with members of the school administration after a plastic barrier he had erected in his classroom as a safety measure against COVID-19 was removed by the school's maintenance staff.

Gerrick was suspended by the school pending an investigation of the allegations against him, police say.

When questioned by police, Gerrick declined to make a statement without an attorney present, according to the complaint.

He was taken the Central Booking for processing and to await arraignment on the charge, according to police.

Police executed a search warrant on Gerrick's vehicle and home on Friday afternoon, the complaint states. There were no weapons found in his vehicle. Investigators removed two long guns and a handgun from his Manchester Township home, according to police.

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List