Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You also don't go talking about buying a bunch of gun shit a week after starting a Gofundme for emergencies, so...

Two wildly different personality types here.
    What's the context I'm missing here?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

You also don't go talking about buying a bunch of gun shit a week after starting a Gofundme for emergencies, so...

Fair, I suspect personalities may vary slightly - probably for the best if I abandon that conversational thread.

That said, I came to this thread because one of my second order acquaintances was physically assaulted by someone in NC, because she had the gall to appear in public wearing a mask. It was the 'normal' commentary about being a cowardly sheep ect, that escalated to some open hand slapping.

I am sure that there was more going on with the attacker and hopefully the situation than I heard about, but I was curious to see if anyone has apocryphal confrontations spurred by mask wearing (or not wearing masks). I was just home on R&R, and as I previously mentioned I am pretty pro masks in public. When I am carrying, I tend to work pretty hard to avoid confrontation and escalations, but the idea that my mask choice could spark something off without much else made me take some time to play the "what-if" game, because you really don't have the opt-out-neutral option.

One of the reasons I care about vaccinations? Well, the hospitals are full to bursting with unvaccinated people in the ICU's. Which means a few things:

-We, as taxpayers and insurance rate payers have to pay for their stupid derpy decisions. Ain't none of them or their families is about to pay all their cost personally.

-A lot of my friends and family members who are in the medical field are getting worked hard and burned out

-Because of unvaccinated idiots clogging up the hospitals, there's a lot less emergency care available to go around for those who aren't stupid idiots

-And then there's the fact that if people don't take on the responsibilities that are necessary to the exercise of freedom, they will lose that freedom.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm pretty sure that he was a former Air force O type that got kicked for failing his PT test, also took multicam uniforms from enlisted while still a O, by claiming he couldnt afford them for a deployment... Went NG, and works for FEMA so being a last man standing out for only himself type is particularly ironic....just saying. So yeah, he shouldn't shop for any sympathy here because I got no fucks to give.... Gun community remembers that shit, just like pepperidge farm...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he was a former Air force O type that got kicked for failing his PT test, also took multicam uniforms from enlisted while still a O, by claiming he couldnt afford them for a deployment... Went NG, and works for FEMA so being a last man standing out for only himself type is particularly ironic....just saying. So yeah, he shouldn't shop for any sympathy here because I got no fucks to give.... Gun community remembers that shit, just like pepperidge farm...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

ouch!!! that's gonna leave a mark.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  Spock.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  56.7 KB
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Reminds me of a family member who asked for money to help pay for a procedure for her son. Then after not getting the procedure done, took a trip to Hawaii with her husband. (Never offered to pay back the money she'd received from whomever contributed.)

Haven't spoken to her since finding out about the vacation...probably going on 30 years now.

It takes a certain type...

...I'd rather not be around.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm drawing the line at bwana.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Fair, I suspect personalities may vary slightly - probably for the best if I abandon that conversational thread.

That said, I came to this thread because one of my second order acquaintances was physically assaulted by someone in NC, because she had the gall to appear in public wearing a mask. It was the 'normal' commentary about being a cowardly sheep ect, that escalated to some open hand slapping.

I am sure that there was more going on with the attacker and hopefully the situation than I heard about, but I was curious to see if anyone has apocryphal confrontations spurred by mask wearing (or not wearing masks). I was just home on R&R, and as I previously mentioned I am pretty pro masks in public. When I am carrying, I tend to work pretty hard to avoid confrontation and escalations, but the idea that my mask choice could spark something off without much else made me take some time to play the "what-if" game, because you really don't have the opt-out-neutral option.
    Just going around to different stores and restaurants in a large metro area in Alabama I haven’t seen any confrontations personally, and have noticed a marked increase in mask wearing over the past month-month and a half as we’ve been dealing with the latest delta wave. Here we don’t have any enforceable mandates outside of schools.

Personally, I’m vaxxed and don’t generally mask in public anymore. But, I’m able to schedule my day to be at places when they’re not crowded. I also don’t live with anyone who is vulnerable and if someplace looks real crowded I generally just nope the fuck out because I don’t like crowds. I have masked a couple of times when I had to be in a crowded space indoors. So far I’m one of the last in my rather small social and work circle who hasn’t been infected, so I must be doing all right with my risk analysis.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List