Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If the al-pastor is on an actual rotisserie topped with pineapple and the corn and flour tortillas are hand made chances are the food will be really good.
    Aka “Trompo” for the shape the rotisserie meat. Think Mexican Shwarma but pork.

Last edited by HCM; 09-11-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    If Biden’s OSHA scheme isn’t overturned in court:

Name:  191285D4-5221-4268-96C4-89C31267C7CC.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  49.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Your constitutional carry argument is not relevant. It’s not a matter of personal responsibility, using fake vaccination cards is crime with real consequences for innocent 3rd parties.

Enforcing health measures is neither new nor constitutionally unreasonable. Whether masks, vaccinations, or sanitation standards. By your standards why should cooks or food handlers be forced to wash their hands ?

Are you ok with the person cooking your lunch lying about washing their hands after wiping their ass ?
    I vehemently oppose a person cooking my lunch lying about washing their hands after wiping their ass.

However, I oppose much more if the government mandated video cameras to be installed in the bathrooms of restaurants to observe cooks to ensure they wash their hands. Because even still, with this massive invasion of privacy of restaurant employees, I dont trust that the government would be able to monitor all of those cameras and not let some fecal matter slip through.

And short of installing cameras in the bathrooms, how will the government be able to enforce and arrest cooks who criminally expose me to E Coli from their bum hands?

A non-government alternative would be if a restaurant employed chefs who didn't wash their hands, then customers would get sick, leave negative Yelp reviews and the restaurant would go out of business. Then other restaurants would voluntarily decide to increase their own enforcement of handwashing. How? I dont know, but I dont have to know, I'm not a restaurant entrepreneur. Perhaps mandating two same gender people use the bathroom at the same time and observe each other washing hands for a certain time frame.

What I do know is if the restaurants start getting people sick, and people stop going, then they'll need to come up with innovative ways that don't involve the government stripping people of gun/voting rights or locking them in cages as a threat to follow the rules. And the restauranteur will be both more motivated and capable of ensuring their staff wash their hands than a government bureaucrat who has no skin in the game.

Haha, yes! We've seen this happen during the Obamacare implementation where larger employers simply cut back their low-level employees to being part-time and thus below the threshold for mandating health insurance.

If you like your 40 hour a week job, you can you keep it, unless your employer doesn't want to give you a 30% pay increase over your $10/hour job in the form of health insurance benefits, then you can get cut to 29 hours per week and can now go get a second part-time job, which also doesnt provide health insurance, and spend extra time commuting to this second job and be far worse off than before the government got involved in healthcare.

Of course, some people "won" as a result of the ACA, but at the expenses of others who lost. It's a zero-sum game.

Vaccination requirements for jobs, schools, travel etc (and limited exceptions to same) are not anything new. Most of us are simply not old enough to have first hand experience with why they exist.

Like all freedoms, the freedom to choose not to be vaccinated still carries responsibility to not be an asshole and spread COVID. Masking up and getting tested in lieu of vaccination accomplishes that and is therefore a reasonable alternative.

Using a fake vaccination card does not accomplish that. It means you are lying to the people around you about the risk you pose and covertly exposing them to greater risk for your own convenience. That’s the polite way of saying it makes you a selfish asshole.

Remember cloth /surgical masks are not to protect you, they are to protect others FROM you.

Outside the military, I don’t see any 100% vaccination mandate surviving legal challenges.
    Concur.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    *ahem, cough, clears throat*

Attachment 76954
    Holy Shit.

Baller, all the way.

Yeah… this is pretty damn good, too.

If we don’t keep a sense of humor on all this, life is going to go from zero to “irrevocably dour” in about 4.5 seconds.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Lordsburg, NM. Best I ever had in my travels across the USA...bar none. Long time ago and the place, (along the tracks, literally), is probably no longer there, but I don't know.

I was directed there by a couple of Border Patrol agents I stopped along the road going into Lordsburg.
    Deming has a good Mex restaurant but can't remember the name. Jammed up with BP and LE around noon.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Deming has a good Mex restaurant but can't remember the name. Jammed up with BP and LE around noon.
    My old partner became the RAC/Deming for my former outfit. I guess he went out there in the mid 90's. Not sure when he pulled the plug.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Irma's?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Irma's?
    Could be. It was on the S. side of the road on the main drag thru town. Not a very big place.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My old partner became the RAC/Deming for my former outfit. I guess he went out there in the mid 90's. Not sure when he pulled the plug.
    Looked like a decent place to live. We camped south of there a few miles at Columbus NM for a few weeks. Deming was my kind of town. Low class with good Mex food.

User Tag List