Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Going by the logic in the meme, I guess I'm pretty much god at this point.

I'm drawing the line at bwana.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

As if being trained on wearing MOPP gear is some sort of rare specialty that qualifies an individual as an expert on public health, either.

p.s. yeah I'm trained on MOPP gear, and so are probably more than half the people on this forum. I also was on the ebola transport/treatment team at my last career, and for the last year I also ran a 35-person WMD first responder team.

And because I was trained in HAZMAT decontamination, I must be a lesser deity. Raise those arms, dude - scrub a dub dub!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

As if being trained on wearing MOPP gear is some sort of rare specialty that qualifies an individual as an expert on public health, either.

p.s. yeah I'm trained on MOPP gear, and so are probably more than half the people on this forum. I also was on the ebola transport/treatment team at my last career, and for the last year I also ran a 35-person WMD first responder team.

If you can't operate in Level A and SCBA, you're navel lint.

That said, the people who were smart enough to engineer MOPP, Level A, and all the shit that those protect you from, probably aren't trainied in how to use it. I'm sure I was smarter than they were though, because I had my minimal level of training to wear the gear.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

Only problem is...I WAS masked. While wearing my company’s uniform, I am required to wear a mask at all times. It’s policy. The issue was the driver was pissed that it was a short fare. He was visibly agitated. Despite that, I “get it”. He prolly waits in cue at the airport for a period of time, hoping for that long fare. Instead he got me. I always understand this and tip very handsomely. Last night was no exception. However, despite my generosity, he wrote me up and was a prick.
    I had similar issues after short rides and asked a few drivers about it. Apparently they don't see what you've tipped on the app until well after they rate/review you so they recommended tipping in cash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    A cloth or disposable surgical mask doesn’t protect you. It does exact what it is supposed to do: catch what you exhale to protect others from you. What’s your point?

You’ve previously established you don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself and now demonstrated you don’t even have a basic understanding of how the things you are complaining about work.

Site Supporter
    Drifting back to Mexican food:

If you're ever in the San Diego area, Tacos El Gordo de Tijuana B.C. is absolutely worth a visit for TJ-style street tacos. They've got locations in SD, Chula Vista, and now Las Vegas.

You can't throw a rock in San Diego without hitting a Mexican restaurant or taco truck, but locals will line up around the building for these.

http://tacoselgordobc.com/menu/

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I'm just wondering why all the vaccinated folks are so scare of the virus if they are vaccinated. Why be scare just it's funny how many are so scared of it are obese and fat.

I have a big issue with people guilt tripping people like thinking it's my responsibility that you want to be safe. It's not my problem and I don't care. When I was unemployed for 8 months no one cared about me so why so I care about you and your family? The hypocrisy is great from the the people who worship the big potato. 🥔
    I wear a mask because I carry a gun.

I wear a gun as a tool to help me with protecting the people around me; a mask is easy to wear relative to my Glock. I wear the mask to protect the people around me from the possibility that I might get a significant enough viral load through exposure to overcome my vaccination and give me a mild but potentially contagious case.

You see, I am in contact with people who are not able to get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, among them is my 2 year old son. I heard the hacking covid-19 coughs and gasps from the other two year old that lives on my compound, and it was an experience that gave me all the motivation in the world to avoid bringing it home.

Being vaccinated pretty much ensures that I have no personal risk from the current variants of covid. I wear the mask because I try to live for a bit more than semper-I, and because I don't need to have someone break it down for me barney-style why I should care about the vulnerable members of our population.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    I wear a mask because I carry a gun.

I wear a gun as a tool to help me with protecting the people around me; a mask is easy to wear relative to my Glock. I wear the mask to protect the people around me from the possibility that I might get a significant enough viral load through exposure to overcome my vaccination and give me a mild but potentially contagious case.

You see, I am in contact with people who are not able to get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, among them is my 2 year old son. I heard the hacking covid-19 coughs and gasps from the other two year old that lives on my compound, and it was an experience that gave me all the motivation in the world to avoid bringing it home.

Being vaccinated pretty much ensures that I have no personal risk from the current variants of covid. I wear the mask because I try to live for a bit more than semper-I, and because I don't need to have someone break it down for me barney-style why I should care about the vulnerable members of our population.
    You also don't go talking about buying a bunch of gun shit a week after starting a Gofundme for emergencies, so...

Two wildly different personality types here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I had similar issues after short rides and asked a few drivers about it. Apparently they don't see what you've tipped on the app until well after they rate/review you so they recommended tipping in cash.
    I always tip cash. It’s immediate. I figure a few extra bucks for a dinner or a couple of joes is better than waiting for Lyft to process it.

I had the same issue down in LA previously. (Different city now.) I ended up walking off the airport in LAX to a hotel down Century Blvd. I’d summon from there. I would then pick up a driver who was not in cue and likely just passing thru. I may end up doing the same here, although my current location is much more “sketch” than the area around LAX was...if you can believe that.

Sooner or later, all this bullshit is going to constrict the economy into a black hole.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List