Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I'm not in favor of kicking people out of restaurants for wearing masks, because they're not doing anyone there any harm by doing so.

However, if they're worried about a 4-month old son at home being exposed to something that they caught from others while eating out at a restaurant... maybe get takeout? Eat somewhere that has outdoor seating?

Unless they're N95s or something similar, they are mostly there to protect others from you, and you're still going to have to take your masks off to eat. If no one else is masking I don't know if it'd help much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    For sure! If one of my kids was of particular vulnerability, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to restaurants. Takeout works just fine for lots of places.
    Having spent most of the last year and a half around severely immunocompromised kids, I agree.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    They have a great deal to get stroppy about
    I like New South Whales twisting the knife by authorizing* a return to full capacity on construction sites.

Name:  1632210276236.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  49.0 KB

* [Redacted as this isn't the politics sub]
    Last edited by SCCY Marshal; 09-21-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ky3.com/2021/09/20/cox-m...DPjuAY7R5QvPBY

Cox Medical Center Branson adding panic buttons to employee badges after reports of increased staff assaults

BRANSON, Mo. (KY3) - Cox Medical Center Branson workers will soon have an added layer of protection after reports of staff assaults by patients tripled this past year.

Nurse Ashley Blevins says in the past year staff have been spit on, cussed out, and in some cases beaten by patients.

”It’s nice we have the chance to press our button and security knows exactly where we are and if we end up having to chase a patient down they’ll know where our last location is,” Ashley Blevins said.

Cox Branson’s Patient Safety Facilitator Angie Smith says after analyzing workplace violence numbers in Branson, she knew they needed this system.
    Smith says the Emergency Room nurses see a lot of violence, but it also happens all throughout the hospital.

”It’s in our critical care units, it’s in our med surge floor areas, a lot of times it’s repeated violence as well we may have the same patient doing the same thing or getting worse each time they do it,” said Smith.

Nurse Blevins says she thinks the pandemic has had an impact on these situations as well.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2...-zoom-hearing/

Tourist who wrote ‘Maderna’ on COVID-19 vaccination card wanted after skipping Hawaii Zoom hearing
    $500 warrant issued for the 24-year-old woman’s arrest

HONOLULU – A Hawaii judge issued a bench warrant for an Illinois woman after she failed to appear for a virtual court hearing Wednesday following her arrest for an alleged fake COVID-19 vaccination card that misspelled Moderna as “Maderna.”

Judge Karin Holma said she would issue a $500 warrant for the 24-year-old woman’s arrest during a hearing on the case held via Zoom.

Deputy Hawaii Attorney General Kory Young said he was requesting the warrant even though the scheduled proceeding was a status hearing.

She was released without bail earlier this month on two misdemeanor counts of violating Hawaii’s emergency rules to control the spread of COVID-19.

In order to bypass Hawaii’s 10-day traveler quarantine, she uploaded a vaccination card with the glaring spelling error to the state’s Safe Travels program and arrived in Honolulu Aug. 23 on a Southwest Airlines flight, authorities said in court documents.

The state public defender’s office represented her at previous hearings. “Our office did not receive an application from her for our services,” said Public Defender James Tabe. “Therefore, we are not representing her.”

It’s not clear if she hired an attorney. She hung up on an Associated Press reporter who asked her to comment on the allegations Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2...-zoom-hearing/

Tourist who wrote ‘Maderna’ on COVID-19 vaccination card wanted after skipping Hawaii Zoom hearing
    $500 warrant issued for the 24-year-old woman’s arrest
    I had to google her. Yup, duck lips.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Student
    Followup to the incident in the original post from HCM.

(New York Post)
    Antifa member charged with shooting anti-vaxxer in Washington
    By Andy Ngo
    September 27, 2021 2:22pm Updated

An Antifa member with a long history of posting far-left extremist content online has been arrested and charged with the shooting of an anti-vaxxer in Olympia, Wash.

Benjamin Anthony Varela, 36, of Olympia, was arrested on Thursday and charged with first-degree assault while armed with a deadly weapon.
    ---
    Benjamin Anthony Varela was charged with first-degree assault while armed with a deadly weapon shortly after the protest.

At the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, Varela wrote: “Start hurting people, the coronavirus is going to provide great cover for a real revolution.” He called for people to take up arms. The same month, he posted a rant wishing that both conservatives and liberals die of the coronavirus. In 2018, he wrote, “9/11 was good because the US is a Nazi state so we deserved it.”

The criminal complaint says the police interviewed Varela’s live-in girlfriend, Jessica Lynn O’Connor, 34, who admitted they attended the direct action together on Sept. 4 while in black attire. The detective obtained a search warrant for their property and found a handgun under the bed.

“Jessica told me the handgun was not hers and it belonged to Benjamin. She told me all guns and gun-related items belonged to Benjamin,” the affidavit says.

Varela is being held on $100,000 bail in Thurston County Jail. His arraignment is set for Oct. 5. It is unknown if he has retained an attorney. Days ahead of his arrest, a popular Olympia-based Antifa account on Twitter alerted the public that one of their comrades had been visited by agents with the FBI and ATF.

Our practice started putting up signs that basically said: If you are rude or belligerent to the staff, you will be asked to leave the practice permanently.

My front office reception girl has has been getting a lot of rude and abusive behavior from patients. We are operating the same way, the wait time is the same, check in is the same; you just have to wear a mask. She is the nicest/sweetest person in the world! If you are a dick to her, then I definitely don't want to take care of you. Not surprisingly, all of the assholes are men who deal with my all female staff. Impotent shitheads.

Just today, I guy came in and he did not have a mask. It is not his first visit. She told him he will need a mask. He didn't have one and wanted us to provide him with one. We don't do that anymore. She politely asked him to get one and come back. He left and had a mask in his hand. She asked him to put it on. He refused to because he found it in the garbage and argued "you only said I had to bring a mask!" He was booted out. The front desk girls feel better that they have the option of booting out jerks with backing from the doctors.

We had cameras installed everywhere last year when we started to note weird behavior in people. All doors to the waiting room/lobby are electronically locked. We had to have a meeting to discuss procedures if someone becomes violent. It helps protect us from jerk induced liabilities. I always carry concealed when in my office (thank you Enigma). Strange days for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The front desk girls feel better that they have the option of booting out jerks with backing from the doctors.
    Paul, this is awesome. For this reason alone, your staff probably will do more for you than if you offered substantial raises. Being empowered by your bosses and knowing they have your back instead of always needing to second-guess is without doubt one of the best qualities a person could ask for at their workplace, and exceptionally rare.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Our practice started putting up signs that basically said: If you are rude or belligerent to the staff, you will be asked to leave the practice permanently.

My front office reception girl has has been getting a lot of rude and abusive behavior from patients. We are operating the same way, the wait time is the same, check in is the same; you just have to wear a mask. She is the nicest/sweetest person in the world! If you are a dick to her, then I definitely don't want to take care of you. Not surprisingly, all of the assholes are men who deal with my all female staff. Impotent shitheads.

Just today, I guy came in and he did not have a mask. It is not his first visit. She told him he will need a mask. He didn't have one and wanted us to provide him with one. We don't do that anymore. She politely asked him to get one and come back. He left and had a mask in his hand. She asked him to put it on. He refused to because he found it in the garbage and argued "you only said I had to bring a mask!" He was booted out. The front desk girls feel better that they have the option of booting out jerks with backing from the doctors.

We had cameras installed everywhere last year when we started to note weird behavior in people. All doors to the waiting room/lobby are electronically locked. We had to have a meeting to discuss procedures if someone becomes violent. It helps protect us from jerk induced liabilities. I always carry concealed when in my office (thank you Enigma). Strange days for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Paul, this is awesome. For this reason alone, your staff probably will do more for you than if you offered substantial raises. Being empowered by your bosses and knowing they have your back instead of always needing to second-guess is without doubt one of the best qualities a person could ask for at their workplace, and exceptionally rare.
    My wife had a ~70 year old lady come into her dental office and refuse to wear a mask. They asked her to wait outside until her appointment, where she would be seen in an operatory (care providers are pretty layered up with PPE by that point, nobody wears a mask getting dental work for obvious reasons). Lady says it was cruel to make an old woman wait outside on a "hot" day (80 in the shade). Your choice, lady.

Good on you for giving your people the power.

Maybe I’m just operating from a place of unusual clarity today, but this last page has yielded some truth gems; to wit:

Duck Lips = Narcissism marker

Antifa = New Religion of Peace

Paul = awesome boss

Tangential, but: when I first got out of college, right before hitting the road full time, I worked in this outdoor lifestyle type place: Patagonia and Woolrich clothes, Montana roasted coffee, that sort of outdoor wish stuff. I had this boss who was great—a fiery redhead who took no shit from anyone. On more than one occasion, she stepped inbetween the high-school aged help and a spoiled customer to say “We are obviously not meeting your needs appropriately. Nordstrom is just down the block, across the street. You are welcome to shop there.” as she handed back their credit cards and packed back up the shit they were looking to buy. I mean, it happened a lot.

We all loved her.

She also double-legged a fleeing shoplifter on the escalator once—the escalator gets to the second floor with a pile of shoplifter being held down by 135lbs of fiery redhead, dumping both at the feet of security—who also loved her.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List