Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Aka “Trompo” for the shape the rotisserie meat. Think Mexican Shwarma but pork.

I'm told the reason the trompo looks so much like Shwarma is because the cooking techniques for Al Pastor tacos trace their lineage back to Lebanese immigrants to Mexico.

Thread drift over.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If the al-pastor is on an actual rotisserie topped with pineapple and the corn and flour tortillas are hand made chances are the food will be really good.

We’ve got more than a couple of local taco trucks and taquerias owned by Mexicans who just shake some pork meat in a bag with al pastor spices, toss some canned pineapple chunks in on the hot plate and serve it on an old re-heated yellow la banderita tortilla. It’s like the Mexican equivalent of a McDonalds hamburger compared to a real burger, yet they still have big lines at lunch time every day.
    You need to be in TX, NM, AZ or S. CA. to experience the culture. It's still there. I spent 16 years living on the border in TX and AZ. You have large corporations trying to convince people that what they're serving up is Mexican. No different than Italian. I would bet there are some pretty decent Italian restaurants in NYC.

Travel in Baja, Sonora and Chihuahua MX if you want to know what authentic MX food is. For example, they eat a lot of fish in Puerto Peñasco, La Paz and Mazatlán.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-11-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm told the reason the trompo looks so much like Shwarma is because the cooking techniques for Al Pastor tacos trace their lineage back to Lebanese immigrants to Mexico.

Thread drift over.

Certainly possible. They do Sirloin Trompo here as well.

The place in the video is in San Benito TX in case you ever find yourself near South Padre Island or the Space X launch center.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    You ever been to Houston??

Some of the best Mexican food anywhere happens in Houston.

My observation: If you have to order in Spanish and they only take cash, chances are better that the food is good.
    I've lived in Houston for eight years and the best I've found is just OK. West of Corpus, any little hole in the wall I've ducked into for lunch has been darned good.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nothing good comes out of Bakersfield. A principle much broader than food.
    Buck Owens? Merle Haggard?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Constitutional carry is irrelevant as such a carrier does not go around spreading speeding bullets into others. The freedom to spread the disease is ridiculous. Coughing on someone is as HCM said, a potentially lethal assault. HCM has a better handle on this than Blues commentary. I know HCM, and despite his crankiness, he's the real deal.

As far as NY Mexican food, it ranks in there with TX Bagels. Forget either. There may be acceptable versions but that is all. I have discussed Mexican and TX-Mex with local restaurateurs from El Paso. I order a mole dish and the owner came out to see if I knew what I was doing. He bemoaned the local tastes.

This thread and the virus denying, my Freedom makes me convinced that America's time in the sun is over, we will sink to a big but failed country due to the our own population. Now some of you will say it is because of the denial of liberty to take horse medicine and infect those around you, that we are failing. I beg to differ.

If folks were responsible we would not see the mandates. However, for some bizarre socio-psychological reasons part of our population have bought into lunacy. Their self-identity is wrapped into the paradigm of ignorance, fed by politicians and media who play them.

The progun, not left wing, quality medical folks we have here should convince the doubters. My docs are docs are real deal gun folks and totally onboard with the vaccine. That's good enough for me as compared to morons like Tucker, Laura and horse medicine.

Well like multiple people being fat is an issue and you guys are all idiots if you think the Nazi vaccine is so important you get it to start making others get it because you are scared. The biggest issue here is your ignorance on why people do not want to get it. How many times in the past 18 months have we been lied to by SO CALL Doctors then those same doctors say I don't need it. You must love control.

I'm all for false vaccine cards for one reason, Fauchi lies and it sticks it to the government.

I know multiple doctors that will not give the vaccine to pregnant women due to possible health risks. Do no harm was the doctors oath now not so much.

For people who want to be free alot of people from my point of view want to take a facist approach.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    And if you were a gay man who had consensual sex with another gay man 40 years ago in many states, that felony record would keep you from owning a gun. If you were black and drank from a whites only water fountain you’d be unable to buy a gun after that conviction.

A potential felony conviction that prevents you from buying a gun seems like less of a concern than a 100% guarantee of being unemployed and losing your home.
    Your examples are irrelevant. This is a forum dedicated to use of pistols, the point was simply that you wouldn't be able to do so anymore legally should you go the route of what you view as "justified felonies."

NYC wants to ban businesses from allowing customers to enter unless they validate their vaccine cards. Unsure how far along in making this law it is, but it’s been proposed in a serious way.
    I asked you for the source to your sky falling down claim. NYC.gov is not hard to find.

The regulations are in effect. They are much more narrow and than you're implying. NYC has banned people from entering and staying at the types of business where you stay indoors with others for extended periods of time. This does not include shopping for groceries, nor any place where you are simply picking up takeout, or eating outside.

Vaccination Proof for Indoor Activities (Key to NYC)

• As of August 17, people 12 and older are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO for:
    • Indoor dining: Includes restaurants, catering halls, event spaces, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, grocery stores with indoor dining, coffee shops and fast food or quick service with indoor dining
    • Indoor fitness: Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, indoor studios and dance studios
    • Indoor entertainment: Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas
    • This new requirement — called the Key to NYC — also means staff at these locations must be vaccinated.

Meaning they've taken the most common source of mass-spreader events--large venues that host extended indoor stays--and said that you need show proof of vaccine to spend extended amounts of time in them.

If you don't like it, options are still plentiful. You can go party at an outdoor rooftop bar, dine out on the patio, watch outdoor movies and theater productions, and play outdoor sports. Those are all normal and common activities in NYC. The sky is not falling down.

Measles mumps and rubella have a significantly higher death rate in children than 0.0001%
    Yes, thankfully those are required vaccines for enrollment all across the country.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Well like multiple people being fat is an issue and you guys are all idiots if you think the Nazi vaccine is so important you get it to start making others get it because you are scared. The biggest issue here is your ignorance on why people do not want to get it. How many times in the past 18 months have we been lied to by SO CALL Doctors then those same doctors say I don't need it. You must love control.

I'm all for false vaccine cards for one reason, Fauchi lies and it sticks it to the government.

I know multiple doctors that will not give the vaccine to pregnant women due to possible health risks. Do no harm was the doctors oath now not so much.

For people who want to be free alot of people from my point of view want to take a facist approach.
    When people make reasonable statements like saying Freedom=/=freedom to go around spreading deadly disease, and you respond by breaking Godwin's law and throwing around the words Nazi and fascism willy-nilly, you not only have lost the argument, but you also look like this to onlookers:

Last edited by Hot Sauce; 09-11-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

So forcing people to get a vaccine for a disease that 99.3% live because the .7% are afraid is not fascist?

18 months of 15 days to flatten the curve. Starting to see how smart so called doctors are. Dang it sucks having multiple degrees in Physics but they are violating scientific methods.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Thread drift over.

Yup, that’s my understanding also, ever heard of tacos arabes?

https://www.seriouseats.com/how-to-m...n-tacos-arabes
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List