Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes hence this thread.

In fairness, Ivermectin is a de-wormer, not just a livestock dewormer. At least these people are trying to get human sized doses of the stuff. We have people here literally taking Ivermectin intended for horses and then wondering why taking a dose of something scaled for a 1200 lb animal makes a 200 lb animal sick.

Take six 800 Mg Motrin at once and see what happens.

And now horse owners in TX have to show pictures of themselves with their horse to buy Ivermectin in Tractor Supply….
    To be fair, the "other side" appears to be conducting itself just as illogically, if without the same negative personal consequences. Sadly, my sister (a reasonably intelligent adult human) lives in a place where wokism is just the water the fish swim in, so she provides insight into the id of the movement. In our last conversation, I mentioned something about someone having gone the ivermectin route (prescribed by real doctors), and she bounced back with "horse dewormer" and "people going blind." It's inarguable that ivermectin has been used on a very large scale in humans for a very long time with an excellent safety record, so it seemed there had to be some fuckery afoot if there are all of a sudden a significant number of people having a bad time with it. I infer that the leftist side of the disinformation machine is latching onto cases of people taking horse deworming pills at full horse size and promoting the idea that that's just what ivermectin does in people, it's a dangerous drug, etc. (My goal here is to promote accurate information, not the use of ivermectin against covid.)

Putin and Bin Laden are winning. The disinformation is everywhere.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I don't think the discourse around Invermecin has anything to do with its actual safety or efficacy. Neither "side" has gone and evaluated the actual research. It's just another excuse to hate each other, with the usual scammers trying to make a buck and pundits trying to drive engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    House numbers…..first responders just love trying to find the right house at night when the numbers are some elaborate font arranged in an artistic diagonal on an unlit post.

Please. If you can, use big reflective or illuminated numbers clearly visible from both directions and from the street directly in front of the residence.
    When I was a kid, painting your house number on the curb was a thing. That should be more widespread.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    In TX, firms would come by periodically to do a number on your curb. Where I live now, we have reflective numbers on our mail boxes. Small town, we have mail boxes in front of the house.

Back to the horse medicine cure for leftists trying to control us or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    In TX, firms would come by periodically to do a number on your curb. Where I live now, we have reflective numbers on our mail boxes. Small town, we have mail boxes in front of the house.

Back to the horse medicine cure for leftists trying to control us or whatever.
    Might be a snow thing. Just about everywhere I've lived had snow and the reflective numbers on the mail box has been far more common than the curb.

Lived in one place where the builder had installed a "911" setting on the front porch lights that if activated, made them flash (about 1 second on, 1 second off). Would make the house very easy to ID from down the street.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    My wife and I have had that conversation multiple times regarding moving to a more rural area but, she being a stroke survivor, we are probably better off staying where we are which has its plusses as well as minuses. Her doctors are all here in town.
    Also, nearly any rural property that comes on the market in the area I am most interested in (Patrick and Carroll County, Virginia and Surry County, NC) is being bought sight unseen with no conditions by people on both coasts which is driving the prices up to unheard of levels.
    Plus they are overdevloping the area and generally lousing it up. It is unrecognizable to me any more, which is sad..

Site Supporter
    Good point about the snow. Obviously rare in San Antonio. To the topic, the threats of violence against medical personnel might be a good argument for concealed carry. I note here that the hospital that we just had an ER visit had significant security. Also two of my docs are quite the gun folks, well trained and would surprise someone who threatened or flip out. Luckily our hospitals aren't jammed with the horse whisperers. Masks are common in the stores and there is no reported challenges to those who are masked, even in venues of old, cranky men. Go to the dive bar, sit at the bar and take off the mask for a real great amber glass and cheese burger. Not a word. That was good beer.

As an aside, the burger choices here are much better than San Antonio. Loads of Mom and Pop joints with great burgers. Also, old fashioned ice cream parlors!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I agree something is really wrong - hence this thread,

The forged Vax cards were brought up in one of the other COVID threads - I think the politics one.

People should be free to choose whether to be vaccinated or not but if you lie about it via fake Vax cards you deserve every negative thing that results from that.
    The issue is that they want to prevent you from having a job, going to school, freely traveling or buying groceries if you are unvaccinated.

So one really isn’t free to avoid the vaccination unless you’re okay not having a job, not earning money, and not buying food.

I think it’s different if one is forging a vaccine card to fly to Hawaii for a beach vacation, or to enter an indoor arena to see a concert, versus if they’re doing it to continue to be allowed to maintain employment in a 100% remote work-from-home job that the government now dictates you must be vaccinated to maintain that job.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The issue is that they want to prevent you from having a job, going to school, freely traveling or buying groceries if you are unvaccinated.

So one really isn’t free to avoid the vaccination unless you’re okay not having a job, not earning money, and not buying food.

I think it’s different if one is forging a vaccine card to fly to Hawaii for a beach vacation, or to enter an indoor arena to see a concert, versus if they’re doing it to continue to be allowed to maintain employment in a 100% remote work-from-home job that the government now dictates you must be vaccinated to maintain that job.
    This is straying into politics, so it's probably going to get moved.

Using forged health records is in many cases a felony. In the eyes of the law, and the eyes of the gun shop running a NICS check on your purchase, your justification for acquiring that felony record won't matter.

There is no restriction that I know of that doesn't allow entry into a grocery store if you're unvaccinated. What's your source?

Going to school has had attached vaccination requirements going back decades. Were you not vaccinated to go to school?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As an aside, the burger choices here are much better than San Antonio. Loads of Mom and Pop joints with great burgers. Also, old fashioned ice cream parlors!
    Irony, in the land that prides itself on cooking cow.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List