Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter

COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

So I’ve been aware of threats involving COVID 19 (pro/anti mask; pro/anti vac) but two recent incidents lead me to believe we will be seeing more violence and threats of violence over COVID related issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...testers-1-shot

Antifa clashes with anti-vaccine mandate protesters, 1 shot
    Antifa organized a counter-protest against anti-vaccine mandate protesters

Videos of a violent clash involving warring radical left and right-wing factions in Olympia, Washington emerged on social media Saturday and initial reports indicated one person had been shot during the mayhem.

The videos purportedly show Tusitala "Tiny" Toese, a member of the right-wing group the Proud Boys, being shot in the leg during a skirmish that happened as a result of dueling protests. Fox News has not independently verified the identity of the victim. Olympia Police did not respond in time for publication.

Tiny got shot in the leg," a man can be heard yelling in one of the videos.

It was unclear how the altercation started or what provoked the gunfire.

Antifa, a far-left organization, had called for a demonstration at the Washington state Capitol that was ultimately intended as a confrontation against the right wing Proud Boys.
    Police responded to the shooting and could be seen in videos cordoning off the area but it is unclear if any arrests were made or if a suspect was identified.

Site Supporter
    While COVID was just the excuse du hour for the political violence hobbyists in the PNW, these idiots barged into a school to make a “citizens arrest” of a principal over a mask / COVID exposure issue:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...132940911.html

An Arizona father who stormed into a school with zip-tie handcuffs after the principal told his kid to wear a mask has been arrested

An Arizona father and his two friends ambushed an elementary school principal on Thursday.

They were angry that the principal had asked children who were exposed to COVID-19 to wear a mask and isolate.

One of the men, Rishi Rambaran, who brought zip-tie handcuffs to the scene, has been arrested.

An angry Arizona father who barged into his elementary school kid's principal's office to protest a mask requirement has been arrested.

Rishi Rambaran, 40, stormed into Principal Diane Vargo's office on Thursday with zip-tie handcuffs, according to a since-removed Instagram video. He and two friends accompanying him claimed the school broke the law when administrative officials told his kid to wear a mask and quarantine after potential exposure to COVID-19.

Rambaran has since been arrested, the Daily Beast reported. "I can tell you the end result of that incident was we did make one arrest for trespassing," said Sgt. Richard Gradillas of the Tucson Police Department, which did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Kelly Walker, one of the men who backed up Rambaran, shared a video to Instagram that appeared to show him driving to the school.

"I'm headed to Mesquite Elementary School right now, where a friend just notified me and some others that his son was indiscriminately taken to the office to be quarantined because supposedly someone had decided he but not other kids in this classroom were exposed to COVID," he said.

"And they shoved a mask on his face, wouldn't let him call his parents, and now his dad is there," he continued. "The school is blatantly breaking the law, blatantly going against the will of the people. I think this community has expressed that they're not going to have this kind of bullying of our kids, these kinds of scare tactics."

Rambaran's child and others had been isolated from peers in a school office because of the potential COVID-19 exposure. Mesquite Elementary learned of a confirmed COVID-19 case and gave the name of Rambaran's child and others who were potentially exposed to the Pima County Health Department, according to the Daily Beast.

Once the three men convened at the school to protest the move, they entered Vargo's office and confronted her, asking her to release the children back into the classroom. Rambaran called the police and asked them to arrest her, the Beast reported. Vargo then asked the three to vacate her office and leave the school building. Neither man complied until Vargo called the police.

Two hours later, the police arrested Rambaran, and Gradillas told the Beast more arrests "could be made."

Mesquite Elementary, the school that Rambaran and the two other men ambushed, did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Site Supporter
    Pretty sure a dude was shot by a "Security" guard in Chicago and the pretext was "he wasn't wearing a mask so I used deadly force"

Of course, the real reason probably has more to do with the argument they had with each other left of bang, and the security guard (who I'm pretty sure was a felon) took a "none provoke me with impunity" sort of attitude.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Pretty sure a dude was shot by a "Security" guard in Chicago and the pretext was "he wasn't wearing a mask so I used deadly force"
    Ah, yes. The Ol' Michael Byrd defense. It worked before.

Site Supporter
    That said, there was also a couple of women who stabbed a security guard 26 times for telling them to wear a mask...so yeah.

Chicago stuff man.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

People who are already inclined towards violence or being general assholes just need a little push and all the details of the pandemic, from its length to its social implications, are catalysts floating around a bunch of reagents.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

You can't go to any gun forum (except this one?) without reading threats of violence over masks and vaccines, often paired with ridiculous conspiracy theories and discussions of how to forge vaccine cards.

Something is really wrong, and it's not limited to Antifa in Portland.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    You can't go to any gun forum (except this one?) without reading threats of violence over masks and vaccines, often paired with ridiculous conspiracy theories and discussions of how to forge vaccine cards.

I agree something is really wrong - hence this thread,

The forged Van cards were brought up in one of the other COVID threads - I think the politics one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

I agree something is really wrong - hence this thread,

The forged Vax cards were brought up in one of the other COVID threads - I think the politics one.

People should be free to choose whether to be vaccinated or not but if you lie about it via fake Vax cards you deserve every negative thing that results from that.

I’m surprised the current administration hasn’t made it a priority for DOJ to prosecute anyone caught with a forged vaccination card at this point.

The violence is concerning in the same way similar violence is for me. I look at people getting violent about being told to wear masks the same as I do at people who get violent over parking space disputes or road rage issues. Maybe some of these people have deep seated anger issues and are easily triggered to a violent response. Masks might just happen to be the thing that provoked them today but it could easily be something else. Maybe some of them view it as a respect issue the way the man who murdered Deputy Dinkheller later stated the trigger for him was when the Deputy ordered him to remove his hands from his pockets. “Who the hell is this guy to tell me to wear a mask?”

There are a lot of fish swimming in our pond that just aren’t all there.

ETA: regarding the ANTIFA vs. Proud Boys protest people getting into it with each other, is this any different than other rallies in which our favorite political violence enthusiasts have gotten into it with each other? If both sides have a good amount of people who are only there for the violence, the issues like masking wouldn’t really matter in the sense that they could be substituted with any other issue to justify getting down to business.

User Tag List