Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    You raise some very good points. And it seems to be in line with constitutional carry discussions.

I think most here prefer constitutional carry in spite of government licensing which opens to door to places like Cali and NYC making it impossible to carry a gun.

Would we rather have people take personal responsibility for gun ownership and sometimes that dangerous freedom results in gun accidents, or government licensing that becomes a defacto prohibition of gun carrying?

Would we rather people unvaccinated or not, take personal responsibility and wear a mask if they’re sick, stay home if they have a fever, or have the government mandate vaccine passports to have a job or buy food?

Not that you personally are saying this, but: it’s easy for many to say “well personal responsibility would work except for CNN showing a few unmasked Karens coughing on people on purpose” so we need to mandate vaccines. The same as it’s easy to say “well personal responsibility would work for guns except for these handful of publicized cases so no one can have or carry guns”
    Your constitutional carry argument is not relevant. It’s not a matter of personal responsibility, using fake vaccination cards is crime with real consequences for innocent 3rd parties.

Enforcing health measures is neither new nor constitutionally unreasonable. Whether masks, vaccinations, or sanitation standards. By your standards why should cooks or food handlers be forced to wash their hands ?

Are you ok with the person cooking your lunch lying about washing their hands after wiping their ass ?

Citing things proposed in NYC is a straw man. NYC is both the extreme of authoritarianism in most things and has conditions and population denote not found elsewhere.

Intentionally coughing on people is assault which means both violent response in self defense and arrest are appropriate counters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm assuming you mean East of the Mississippi.

Personally, I draw the line at Corpus. Haven't spent a ton of time in SAT, but all the good Mexican food I've had in TX has been Corpus or west of there. Can't say I've had any I'd go back for seconds of anywhere east of there.

Careful about the North of Dallas. Los Angeles I think qualifies, and there's some dang good Mexican food there. (It's about half as far from MX as I am sitting typing this.) And, Buttonwillow, CA (on Hwy. 58, which runs east-west through Bakersfield) has Tita's Pupuseria, which is legendary in some circles. AZ and NM would likely also cause trouble with that part of the rule.

I support the rule in concept, though. There are a couple Mexican restaurants where I grew up north of Seattle that were considered to be good in their local communities. Going back after ~20 years living in LA, I found them to be of a quality that would get a person banned from restaurant choosing in a place where people know better.
    Nothing good comes out of Bakersfield. A principle much broader than food.

Pupusas are good but are a Central American thing not Mexican. Primarily from El Salvador and Honduras, though Arepas from Colombia and Venezuela are similar. Of course there are plenty of Central Americans running “Mexican” restaurants simply because/ name recognition.

AZ Mx food is good though Sonoran style is different than the Jalisco style prevalent in South Texas.

NM food is kind of it’s own thing - I’m not really a fan. Kinda of like Tex-mex, NM is it’s own thing but not exactly Mexican.

SAT is GTG.

Name:  5CE818C2-8206-4D1C-8EFD-32B2DA62A515.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  57.1 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-11-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Site Supporter

Like all freedoms, the freedom to choose not to be vaccinated still carries responsibility to not be an asshole and spread COVID.
    I have to admit that I haven't been keeping abreast of the ever-changing information/disinformation...but I was under the impression that the vaccine mainly lessened symptoms and a vaccinated person could still spread the virus?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I have to admit that I haven't been keeping abreast of the ever-changing information/disinformation...but I was under the impression that the vaccine mainly lessened symptoms and a vaccinated person could still spread the virus?
    They can but not as readily. This is why some many workplaces are requiring masks regardless.

Personally, I draw the line at Corpus. Haven't spent a ton of time in SAT, but all the good Mexican food I've had in TX has been Corpus or west of there. Can't say I've had any I'd go back for seconds of anywhere east of there.

Careful about the North of Dallas. Los Angeles I think qualifies, and there's some dang good Mexican food there. (It's about half as far from MX as I am sitting typing this.) And, Buttonwillow, CA (on Hwy. 58, which runs east-west through Bakersfield) has Tita's Pupuseria, which is legendary in some circles. AZ and NM would likely also cause trouble with that part of the rule.

I support the rule in concept, though. There are a couple Mexican restaurants where I grew up north of Seattle that were considered to be good in their local communities. Going back after ~20 years living in LA, I found them to be of a quality that would get a person banned from restaurant choosing in a place where people know better.
    Sorry for the drift.

Try this one for a taco in MV.

https://www.carnicerialoscompadres.net/

This one doesn't even have a website but one of my regular stops. Good burritos.

Taqueria Los Jarritos in Burlington.

Both near the I-5

This one is in Stanwood. Not bad.

https://www.taqueriamicocinawa.com/

Not as good as AZ or NM but beggars can't be choosers. Nothing better around here that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-11-2021 at 04:35 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Lordsburg, NM. Best I ever had in my travels across the USA...bar none. Long time ago and the place, (along the tracks, literally), is probably no longer there, but I don't know.

I was directed there by a couple of Border Patrol agents I stopped along the road going into Lordsburg.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Constitutional carry is irrelevant as such a carrier does not go around spreading speeding bullets into others. The freedom to spread the disease is ridiculous. Coughing on someone is as HCM said, a potentially lethal assault. HCM has a better handle on this than Blues commentary. I know HCM, and despite his crankiness, he's the real deal.

As far as NY Mexican food, it ranks in there with TX Bagels. Forget either. There may be acceptable versions but that is all. I have discussed Mexican and TX-Mex with local restaurateurs from El Paso. I order a mole dish and the owner came out to see if I knew what I was doing. He bemoaned the local tastes.

This thread and the virus denying, my Freedom makes me convinced that America's time in the sun is over, we will sink to a big but failed country due to the our own population. Now some of you will say it is because of the denial of liberty to take horse medicine and infect those around you, that we are failing. I beg to differ.

If folks were responsible we would not see the mandates. However, for some bizarre socio-psychological reasons part of our population have bought into lunacy. Their self-identity is wrapped into the paradigm of ignorance, fed by politicians and media who play them.

The progun, not left wing, quality medical folks we have here should convince the doubters. My docs are docs are real deal gun folks and totally onboard with the vaccine. That's good enough for me as compared to morons like Tucker, Laura and horse medicine.

You ever been to Houston??

Some of the best Mexican food anywhere happens in Houston.

My observation: If you have to order in Spanish and they only take cash, chances are better that the food is good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

My observation: If you have to order in Spanish and they only take cash, chances are better that the food is good.
    If the al-pastor is on an actual rotisserie topped with pineapple and the corn and flour tortillas are hand made chances are the food will be really good.

We’ve got more than a couple of local taco trucks and taquerias owned by Mexicans who just shake some pork meat in a bag with al pastor spices, toss some canned pineapple chunks in on the hot plate and serve it on an old re-heated yellow la banderita tortilla. It’s like the Mexican equivalent of a McDonalds hamburger compared to a real burger, yet they still have big lines at lunch time every day.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

This plus if they have little trash cans for TP in the stalls in the bathroom. (Most septic systems in Mexico can’t handle TP). Though with service like square even truck and trailer based businesses take cards now.

User Tag List