Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19: Violence; Threats; Criminal Activity

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    So forcing people to get a vaccine for a disease that 99.3% live because the .7% are afraid is not fascist?

18 months of 15 days to flatten the curve. Starting to see how smart so called doctors are. Dang it sucks having multiple degrees in Physics but they are violating scientific methods.
    No one here is arguing for mandatory vaccinations.

But freedom always comes with responsibility. In this case choosing not to get vaccinated brings the responsibility to mitigate COVID other ways. Usually via masking, testing and isolating if indicated.

Besides being a crime, using fake vaccination cards to avoid responsibility towards the people around you makes you a selfish asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No one here is arguing for mandatory vaccinations.

But freedom always comes with responsibility. In this case choosing not to get vaccinated brings the responsibility to mitigate COVID other ways. Usually via masking, testing and isolating if indicated.

Besides being a crime, using fake vaccination cards to avoid responsibility towards the people around you makes you a selfish asshole.
    Sorry I’m missing something. I understood people here to be arguing for mandatory vaccines, because if the vaccine isn’t mandatory to live the no frills basics of a normal life, such as keeping a job (to include 100% work from home jobs) and going food shopping at a grocery store, then I don’t understand why anyone would bother forging a vaccine card.

Lack of vaccine mandates makes vaccine forgeries pointless. It seems anyone arguing against forgeries is also arguing for mandates. But I’m clearly wrong since you’re not arguing for vaccine mandates so I apologize for jumping to conclusions and welcome the opportunity to see the flaw in my understanding since all of us on this forum are on the same team.
    Last edited by Sanch; 09-12-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    So forcing people to get a vaccine for a disease that 99.3% live because the .7% are afraid is not fascist?

18 months of 15 days to flatten the curve. Starting to see how smart so called doctors are. Dang it sucks having multiple degrees in Physics but they are violating scientific methods.
    Nah, I got it because I'm essential-as-fuck, my folks are old, and I work with a few people that have vulnerable kids, spouses, parents, etc, or are vulnerable themselves. I filed it under a general sort of civic responsibility as bearing wide around pedestrians and not leaving my gun on the seat of my car. A couple other co-workers didn't. As to that, I just sort've...don't care? It's not really my problem. After all, maybe they have a good reason to not get one of the vaccines. Maybe they have an immune disease that I don't know about. Maybe they're gonna "stick it to the government" by not getting a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch
    Sorry I’m missing something. I understood people here to be arguing for mandatory vaccines, because if the vaccine isn’t mandatory to live the no frills basics of a normal life, such as keeping a job (to include 100% work from home jobs) and going food shopping at a grocery store, then I don’t understand why anyone would bother forging a vaccine card.

Lack of vaccine mandates makes vaccine forgeries pointless. It seems anyone arguing against forgeries is also arguing for mandates. But I’m clearly wrong since you’re not arguing for vaccine mandates so I apologize for jumping to conclusions and welcome the opportunity to see the flaw in my understanding since all of us on this forum are on the same team.
    I take it you've never had a "dealing with the public" job. That's cool. I will share with you one critical fact that I have learned in dealing with...well, you people: The Public is fucking stupid. Now, that doesn't mean you are stupid, or that everyone is fucking stupid. What it means is that in any sufficiently large-enough population, there exists enough window-lickers that it causes problems for those of us that have to talk to The Public. You know that one mouthbreather at your work that's so catastrophically stupid you wonder how he doesn't drown himself in his Cheerios? Yeah, there's one at everybody's job. And they all call.

Here's a rundown of my day:
    Dispatch a fire alarm, explain how to get a new pistol on your license, take an accident call, put a LifeFlight on air standby for an ATV rollover.
    Explain to a caller that my agency of some 100 deputies in a county of 850 sq miles has no plans to create "green zones" for vaccinated folks only, as we have neither the inclination nor the manpower.
    Take a fraud complaint, enter a warrant into the database, provide CPR direction for a cardiac arrest.
    Reassure caller that we will not be rounding up COVID-positive patients and putting them in a stadium, reminding the caller that our county does not actually have any stadiums or other public facilities that large.

I would say perhaps 20% of the people I speak to are just retarded enough that it makes my task more difficult or wastes time that could be better spent helping folks in emergencies, performing administrative duties, or reading pistol-forum. Fortunately, I can hang up on some of them if a 911 comes in. Unfortunately, some of them are being retarded in actual emergencies and there's nobody I can get them to hand the phone to, and sometimes I just don't have the convenient excuse of a real emergency.

People just don't need a logical excuse to forge a vacc card. They will create their own illogical reasons, because they're fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    People just don't need a logical excuse to forge a vacc card. They will create their own illogical reasons, because they're fucking stupid.
    That is the punchline. We all have covid on the brain because *gestures at everything* ... but covid is just one excuse in the Deck of Many Excuses people draw from to justify their jackassery.

If covid went away tomorrow the people using that as an excuse to storm a principal's office with flex cuffs will still be who they are. And literally anything chosen by the universe at random will justify (in their minds) the next time they storm a principal's office with flex cuffs. Because people... people never change.

The surge in idiocy is what should be alarming. Because getting covid under control isn't going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

I'm not arguing for mandatory vaccinations. Mostly that's just going to crash the economy faster than it already is. Lots of people will quit their jobs and have no gov't support like federal unemployment insurance or rent moratoriums. Those should stay in place for people who have been vaccinated and fall ill. Maybe even a tax break of 1K if you're vax card is up to date. Federal database could easily handle that through state reporting which I believe they already do. How much money did the fed just hand out to low income persons? Wasn't it something like 3K?

If a company or a state wants to mandate a vax I'm fine with that. They already have some hardline requirements for certain things. When the fed does it, it seems like the NFA or CGA only for people who want to work.

In a way this looks like a backdoor approach to reduce the federal workforce which a lot of people would consider a good thing. Wouldn't that be shocker coming from a dem adm.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

In a way this looks like a backdoor approach to reduce the federal workforce which a lot of people would consider a good thing. Wouldn't that be shocker coming from a dem adm.
    That’s a bit of a stretch, IMHO, although change the wording to “…looks like a backdoor approach to reduce the number of deplorables from the federal workforce…” and I suppose I am open to entertaining the concept. Now that IS something I could see coming from the Biden Admin. That admitted, it’s most likely just posturing.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Nope. Read again.

People here (including the medical people who do this shit for a living) are are saying that COVID is a real threat and you SHOULD get vaccinated because there are real benefits to both yourself and others.

That is in no way the same thing as you should be FORCED to get vaccinated.

However, choosing not to get vaccinated does not relive you of the responsibility to take other COVID mitigation measures in lieu of vaccination if you are participating in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That’s a bit of a stretch, IMHO, although change the wording to “…looks like a backdoor approach to reduce the number of deplorables from the federal workforce…” and I suppose I am open to entertaining the concept. Now that IS something I could see coming from the Biden Admin. That admitted, it’s most likely just posturing.
    Well, I just thought with all the budget problems the dems are going to have this would be a solution. Probably better than taxing corporate stock buy backs and there's going to be a lot of those coming up. No company wants to see their stock prices dropping like a rock.

But yeah, it's pretty absurd.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Speaking of windowlickers... a few years back, I used to work at the polls in Central Florida as an Elections Assistant. Basically, I was the poll troubleshooter- if someone wasn't on printed roll, I had to look them up and see if they were legally eligible to vote, and issue a provisional ballot if they weren't.

So, I got to not only see Stupid People, I got to see what political party they belonged to. And guess what- stupidity is equally nonpartisan, despite what the Jon Stewart myrmidons or the Rush Limbaugh fanbois said about their own sides.

I've really not seen anything since to remove that impression.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Every region has its strengths and weaknesses. NY certainly proves the rule that one should never order Mexican food North of Dallas or West of the Mississippi.
    Ummm...hate to break it to you, but Texas is west of the Mississippi.

(I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet.)

User Tag List