Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which guns does safariland make RMR ready holster for.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you are looking for something to fit a 1911 the new Blackhawk for the Stacatto might be worth a look too.
    That's interesting

I would also like to follow this as I'm thinking about getting a 5" 1911 milled for an optic in the near future.

Right now the Safariland 6390RDS holster is only listed for the 4.4" Staccato P. I'd be curious to see if you could fit a 5" government 1911 with little or no modification.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Good to know. Thanks.

How come?
    I used the SLS (6280 and 6004) on a 1911 for years.

I've used the 6360 with Glocks and M&P's and decided to buy a 6360 for a 1911 and give it a good college try.

The short answer is you're asking your thumb to do a whole lot very quickly.

You have to hit the SLS hood, hit the ALS lever and then find the thumb safety all in nano-seconds and without screwing up your grip during the presentation.

It was enough of a pain in the ass and screwed with my grip enough I decided it wasn't worth it. I thought it was probably just me, but I've talked to numerous other 1911 guys that all feel the same way. Can you use an ALS with the 1911? Sure, but I don't think it's worth it.

They're great for Glock's, M&P's, P320's and the like.

Site Supporter
    @03RN the staccato holsters do not fit any 1911s I have (Springfield operator with trijicon plate and a Ruger commander with the chambers plate). I did however modify a 6280, but it leaves the optic completely exposed. Some that are more creatively inclined have made a kydex pocket to protect the optic.

I have used a ALS 6360 5+ days a week carrying a MCOP since about 2008. I parked it for a while (driving a desk and G19 was more comfortable) but for approx the past 4 years... been the MCOP.

At first I was having hell snapping the thumb safety while still in the holster (EEK!)

I did two things.... modify the holster by removing the kydex fence that went across the top of the holster by the ALS lever. And I slowed my movements down in training (drawing from the holster). Once I developed the process, I began to increase my draw speed.

older pic of my MCOP with the 6360 modified. I could feel my thumb not manipulating the ALS lever fully with the kydex piece.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    @03RN the staccato holsters do not fit any 1911s I have (Springfield operator with trijicon plate and a Ruger commander with the chambers plate). I did however modify a 6280, but it leaves the optic completely exposed. Some that are more creatively inclined have made a kydex pocket to protect the optic.
    I did wonder if you were to use a railed 1911 w/ X300U (or other compatible light), if the 6360 for a Staccato P would work if the barrel insert/plug/stop was removed?

Perhaps this is a project for someone like Ghostmen Designs.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    The only 6360 I had was the M&P marked version that also fit the staccato. No dice for the 1911. Not sure if a purpose built one would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I did wonder if you were to use a railed 1911 w/ X300U (or other compatible light), if the 6360 for a Staccato P would work if the barrel insert/plug/stop was removed?

Perhaps this is a project for someone like Ghostmen Designs.

User Tag List