Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Stakeout Squad

Got my copy in the mail today.

I'm reasonably sure that Jim Cirillo was our lead firearms instructor when I went through basic agent training at FLETC in 1983.

Pretty cool to have trained on the 2.5" Model 19 under the watchful instruction of a legend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I'm reasonably sure that Jim Cirillo was our lead firearms instructor when I went through basic agent training at FLETC in 1983.

Pretty cool to have trained on the 2.5" Model 19 under the watchful instruction of a legend.
    That is unbelievable; you are indeed a lucky man!

On a side note, my copy arrived a couple of days after I placed my order. What a great book!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

That’s awesome!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Got my copy yesterday.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

About a quarter of the way through the book and I have to laugh because I'm familiar with several of the locations mentioned.

The "Farm Store" shootout, which is the first one described, was a few blocks from where my wife lived in the Seven-Five, and about a half mile from where I lived on the Queens side of the Brooklyn / Queens border. (It was right near the funeral home my father in law had his wake at.)

It really helps to be able to put the locations in your mind's eye as you read about the setups they had.

Good read so far...but it needs an edit or two here and there regarding place names and such that wouldn't be apparent to those not native to the area or more familiar with some of the sites mentioned.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered another Cirillo book off Amazon to accompany it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...api_tkin_p1_i0
    I bought a Kindle copy and returned it because it was unreadable on my Kindle (6th generation paperwhite). The software is current on it.

Apparently, Amazon is now putting out books that can't be read anything other than the newest Kindles in the hopes that we'll replace them. They're getting to be as evil as Microsoft.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Apparently, Amazon is now putting out books that can't be read anything other than the newest Kindles in the hopes that we'll replace them. They're getting to be as evil as Microsoft.
    My wife and I closed our Amazon Prime account last year when we learned they donated something like $2M to the very anti police Black Lives Matter. We miss the convenience but we're not supporting a corporation that doesn't give a shit about Law Enforcement.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 09-20-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I bought a Kindle copy and returned it because it was unreadable on my Kindle (6th generation paperwhite). The software is current on it.

Yeah, I don't "do" e-books. Not that I predicted Amazon would do that but I just want a book in book form. Old fashioned, no doubt. I keep some and pass the others along to other readers that I know.

The Cirillo books are keepers. Plus, they don't take up too much room and I am hoping that my son will get them one day and read them.

As a general question, does the book address the situation/conditions which caused the NYPD to create the Stakeout Squad?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    As a general question, does the book address the situation/conditions which caused the NYPD to create the Stakeout Squad?
    It discusses it, but not at great length. More in general terms. Was there something specific you were seeking?

User Tag List