Thread: First-Timer With PMOs Mounting Question

First-Timer With PMOs Mounting Question

My eyes are finally changing enough that it's hard for me to focus on the front sight. I'm ready to take the PMO plunge. We're also switching over to RMRs on our M&P 2.0s at work, so it's logical to follow suit with my EDC.

I'm not completely comfortable milling my 5" M&P yet due to some of the disasters I've seen, and I'm looking at alternatives like this:
    https://www.egwguns.com/trijicon-rmr...nt-for-s-w-m-p

Has anyone tried the EGW mount or something similar? How's it holding up? If it's not a reliable option, who does top notch milling work? I have a RMR for my M&P and a Holosun 507k X2 for my 365XL. The plan is to attend an instructor class this Fall, so I want to be up to speed beforehand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    My eyes are finally changing enough that it's hard for me to focus on the front sight. I'm ready to take the PMO plunge. We're also switching over to RMRs on our M&P 2.0s at work, so it's logical to follow suit with my EDC.

I'm not completely comfortable milling my 5" M&P yet due to some of the disasters I've seen, and I'm looking at alternatives like this:

Has anyone tried the EGW mount or something similar? How's it holding up? If it's not a reliable option, who does top notch milling work? I have a RMR for my M&P and a Holosun 507k X2 for my 365XL. The plan is to attend an instructor class this Fall, so I want to be up to speed beforehand.

Thanks
    Maple Leaf did a great job milling my M&P:

https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/op...-p-optic-cuts/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post

Thanks
    I experimented with one for a couple weeks, decided I liked the RDS concept and had the slide properly milled. I would not use it on anything except a casual use gun. Aside from durability concerns, it locates the optic significantly higher than what your iron sights were and where a milled in RDS would be, making it more difficult to learn, IMO. The extra height will also make it more difficult to conceal.

There's a whole thread on who to send you slide to for milling. I use Vulcan Machine Works, but I'm sure the others are fine too. If you can afford the extra $$, I'd give Agency Arms a look. They use an adapter plates (think Glock MOS, but better), so you're not stuck with the RMR footprint as technology improves. You can order a cover plate if you choose to go back to irons.
    David S.

We need a plate lending library for people who want to try the RDS concept before they mill.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    We need a plate lending library for people who want to try the RDS concept before they mill.
    That's funny! I was just thinking the same thing about red dots in general.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List