Thread: Beyond Clothing?

Site Supporter

Beyond Clothing?

Anyone have any experience with them? I want to pick up some new cold weather and rain gear for work. I really like OR stuff, but am considering trying them out.

I would say that Beyond is a step above Outdoor Research when it comes to quality, at least their USA-made line. Like Patagonia, they provided a fair bit of clothing to SOCOM. I would also argue that Outdoor Research's stuff has gone down in quality in the past few years, or at least they've started cutting features without cutting prices. OR is still good stuff, especially factoring the pro deal, but not as good as it used to be, IME.

I have used and abused a pair of the Beyond A5 Rig Light ULT Pant, and have been quite happy with it. I've also a Beyond A5 Action Shirt, which sees less use just because I have less of a use case for it. I know folks have compared their A9-A Combat Pant very favorably against the Crye G3 Combat Pant.

As a random aside, 5.11 did buy them out almost a decade ago, but I'm not sure how much of the day-to-day operation 5.11 corporate dictates to them. Also note that Beyond has a pro deal, though not as generous as OR's. Another well-regarded brand you might look at that is LE/military oriented is Wild Things.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone have any experience with them? I want to pick up some new cold weather and rain gear for work. I really like OR stuff, but am considering trying them out.
    GTG, if you have questions on particular pieces ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    As a random aside, 5.11 did buy them out almost a decade ago, but I'm not sure how much of the day-to-day operation 5.11 corporate dictates to them.

If 5.11 still holds them, they have apparently been staying out of their ops.
    Last edited by ST911; 09-04-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I recently purchased two of their items Cappa Softshell Coats in Black and Gray.

https://beyondclothing.com/products/...31782884540478

I caught them for less than 1/2 price. I liked the two way zipper immensely for waist access and car comfort as well as stated fit profile as I envisioned wearing them over a sportcoat/dress shirt/t-shirt for the walk from the parking garage to the office on jacket/jacket & tie v full suit days. IIRC, they were sewn in Cambodia or Vietnam, not the PRC.

I am on the cusp between a L and XL trending L. I wear a 44L suitcoat. I purchased in XL given my layering application. If I thought I was only only to be going over a t-shirt and a piece of fleece, I could have went L.

For the money I have in them, I will stand pat. If they go on sale again, I might buy another in L.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I had a few things from them many moons ago, and I don’t recall ever having an issue with any of it. Sumdood bought what I had left over when I retired for ridiculous amounts of money, so there is obviously a market it for it somewhere……..
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List