Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Arizona professor verbally abuses Chic-Fil-A employee at drive thru

Quote Originally Posted by Kan S LaTrans View Post
    "I would break his jaw and rape him"

Anal or Oral? It does make a difference within the context of the contact. I mean, anal for a relatively minor offense, then oral if he really pissed you off, especially with a broken jaw.
    I know you are new here, but seriously read the code of conduct for this place and at least make an attempt at following it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PearTree; 07-23-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If anyone notices a post that requires moderator attention, please click the report post button and it will be addressed.

This isn't really the kind of place where calling people names, or being needlessly passive aggressive (or sarcastic, if you prefer), is expected or necessary.
    So, just to be clear...it's okay to be a dick if you've been here for a long time...but it's not okay to respond to a humorous post that mentions rape and physical violence with a humorous response?

Just checking the double standard Tommy.
    When everyone around you is running, screaming, and losing their minds...look for the quiet old gray haired cop because he's about to kick down some doors and sort some unruly bastards out.

To salvage the thread a little, the Wife said one of the best ways to judge someone is how they treat wait staff, and that everyone should have to work a job in food or retail at least once.

So, just to be clear...it's okay to be a dick if you've been here for a long time...but it's not okay to respond to a humorous post that mentions rape and physical violence with a humorous response?

Anyone can be a dick and get called on it, mods here are shit anyway.

The only thing is you necro’d a thread with a rather crude response that was a bit off-key and waaaaay late to the party. Don’t get me wrong, we love crude humor (see the post you first quoted and the responses) but yours may have gone over the line just a tad.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm sure we could find a veteran or two for him to attempt to berate and spit upon
    For some reason, I never seem to attract the attention of these academic badasses.......
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter

I didn't think he was addressing that to you, but, I'm dense sometimes.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    For some reason, I never seem to attract the attention of these academic badasses.......
    You’re obviously not hanging out at the right spots. But that’s probably by (wise) choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    To salvage the thread a little, the Wife said one of the best ways to judge someone is how they treat wait staff, and that everyone should have to work a job in food or retail at least once.
    Your wife is a smart lady (well except in her choice of spouse...but I guess everyone makes a mistake now and then ) - But seriously, folks who have worked retail/food service really do have an appreciation for the reality that it is not always 'easy' work (and that it is actually work). But the other thing I learned from working retail/food service is a low tolerance for bad service. I've done the job and I try to be really polite to folks and treat them fairly, but having done the job, I've got no tolerance for people who can't do it well. It is work, but it isn't rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Why don't you come to my ivory tower and say that! - Most of the academics I know are pretty down-to-Earth people (probably because like 80% of them are geologists...get it? Geologists are down-to-Earth? Sorry). But some folks are really asshats and they tend to overwhelmingly be the folks who have best selling books and have been on TV. They get real caught up in their own ass and never stop to wonder if they stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    The problem becomes what happens when those folks who would be jerks to the staff become staff and have an attitude? The lesson doesn’t always carry.

My first job was a bus boy and my wife worked in the food industry and as a result we’re understanding of certain issues. Waiter/Waitress hasn’t been by in a bit? Well they got three tables at once on top of the two they had, and one of those tables was an entitled family giving the server crap over a slightly underdone steak.

We also pre-bus our tables.

User Tag List