Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage Reneguage Security

Thread needs picture:

Name:  879784F7-58BE-43D8-9D97-CE77E2CD5FBC.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  12.2 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m not in the market now but definitely plan on buying a semiauto defensive gauge at some point (first I have to finally finish setting up my 870). It’s at least higher on the list than another AR.

I would find this very attractive simply because being American made does away with the 922(r) headache. And the safety is in the “right” place for it to coexist in a stable with Remingtons. And and, all it seems to need out of the box is a light.

Edit - and and and, the stock cut down or an adapter for the Magpul.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I just saw on the Tactical Wire that Savage has introduced a "tactical" version of
    their Reneguage line:

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=57787

Our own @P.E. Kelly had good things to say when the line was introduced.

The specs look pretty good, although the LOP needs to be able to go a couple of inches shorter. Not sure why they didn't think of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    That is curious, because it seems like copying the Magpul SGA's LOP range (at least in concept) would be a no-brainer. OTOH, if they are marketing to the typical shotgun buyer around these parts, it doesn't matter- they will be using a bladed stance, and may think they have been cheated on raw materials if the pull is less than 14 inches.

If this thing is actually reliable and the street price gets down a ways, it'll be fun to watch the industry.
    LOP is a definitely a FAIL for Savage.

This seems to be an opportunity for some entrepreneur to make a Magpul SGA adaptor and direct optics mount.....

Another failure is a lack of MLOK slots in the forend.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Another failure is a lack of MLOK slots in the forend.
    Good point, though they did provide Mlok on the barrel clamp. Could the lack of Mlok be due to concerns about exposing the gas system ? Or just the desire to use the same part as other shotguns in the line ?

That actually looks pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good point, though they did provide Mlok on the barrel clamp. Could the lack of Mlok be due to concerns about exposing the gas system ? Or just the desire to use the same part as other shotguns in the line ?
    I’m also trying to think about the logistics of using that Mlok slot to mount a light and I’m thinking it’ll lead to a lot of lights being well forward of the muzzle and out of reach. Maybe one could use a reverse mounted scout mount, like the Arisaka inline, to bring it back toward the forend?

Can the Renegauge series be ghost loaded?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I’m also trying to think about the logistics of using that Mlok slot to mount a light and I’m thinking it’ll lead to a lot of lights being well forward of the muzzle and out of reach. Maybe one could use a reverse mounted scout mount, like the Arisaka inline, to bring it back toward the forend?
    I've been using the barrel clamp method of mounting lights on a few of my shotguns, but never liked the reach to activate them. Recently I decided to redneck-engineer my 1187P and mount a piece of Magpul polymer MLok rail onto the forend...I ground off the MLok locating studs and screwed it into the plastic. So far it works like a charm...

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Can the Renegauge series be ghost loaded?
    @P.E. Kelley
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List