Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta RDO offering... CHEAP HALF A$$ attempt at LTT Clone

Beretta RDO offering... CHEAP HALF A$$ attempt at LTT Clone

Just saw these pictures from a shop I've dealt with in the past. It seems that BUSA sent him three of these before they launch them at SHOT show (by accident as he did not know what these were).

Spoke with LTT and got the 411. Basically LTT approached BUSA three years ago with their idea and BUSA turned them away. Now they are putting out an RDO ready pistol but the factory solution is no where near as low as the LTT option. Also, it is not compatible with the LTT mount.

Not cool Beretta USA....

Name:  BUSA II.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  100.2 KBName:  BUSA III.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  59.2 KBName:  BUSA.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  72.3 KB

I don't really think Beretta did anything wrong by putting out their own solution. If I was LTT I wouldn't worry too much because that is a plainly hobby grade solution. The LTT slide is pricey enough to run off anyone who was silly enough to buy that garbage.

This is great news for multiple reasons. It reinforces how great Ernest's solution is. It further legitimizes red dots on service pistols. And, maybe HK will get the idea to offer a dot on a USP FS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve got all the love in the world for LTT and when I get ready to add an RDO to one of my 92s I will send it to LTT for their package.

But....

It’s Beretta’s pistol. They can buy a design if they want or implement their own solution if they want. Their business. The market gets to decide which one they want to buy. I know which option I’ll choose, but it’s not because I think BUSA did something underhanded.

This optic mount had already appeared in January on the (tortuously named) Beretta 92X Performance Defensive.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is great news for multiple reasons. It reinforces how great Ernest's solution is. It further legitimizes red dots on service pistols. And, maybe HK will get the idea to offer a dot on a USP FS.
    And, maybe HK will get the idea to offer a dot on a USP, FFS.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Yep, already mentioned by @JSGlock34 back in Jan in the 92X performance thread.

I sure do wish they paid a royalty and just used the LTT solution. My one complaint about my LTT RDO is how high the irons are. As is the front sight is so high I cannot use the Safariland GLS I use as a universal holster for every other service pistol I own. However, the LTT RDO irons could be like .1" lower and still be usable, whereas with this setup I imagine the front sight will need to resemble the eiffel tower.

fine for a pure competition gun with no BUIS I guess, though even there I would happily pay extra for the LTT solution.

For those that understand Italian...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0eAJ7ISOE

...and if you understand Italian and like Mohawk haircuts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5hiqQb3Jw

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Yep, already mentioned by @JSGlock34 back in Jan in the 92X performance thread.

I sure do wish they paid a royalty and just used the LTT solution. My one complaint about my LTT RDO is how high the irons are. As is the front sight is so high I cannot use the Safariland GLS I use as a universal holster for every other service pistol I own. However, the LTT RDO irons could be like .1" lower and still be usable, whereas with this setup I imagine the front sight will need to resemble the eiffel tower.

fine for a pure competition gun with no BUIS I guess, though even there I would happily pay extra for the LTT solution.
    If you’re complaining about how high LTT’s front sight solution is when it’s cut into the slide with rear irons on the plate, based on the fact that this is on top of the slide, how high will the Beretta Irons be?

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    how high will the Beretta Irons be?
    About...

User Tag List