Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta RDO offering... CHEAP HALF A$$ attempt at LTT Clone

I don't think Beretta has any intention of offering BUIS for these pistols. The mounting plates are huge.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Bummer they didn't go with Langdon's, because that really seems like a slick system with the low height over bore. That said, it doesn't look like they ripped off his ideas in some way. Lots of manufacturers have made guns that are normal models that you can throw a dot on top of.

I'm wondering how this works with what appears to be a normal firing pin block though. I guess the mounting plates need a hole for it to go up into? How did they do it on the APX?

I watched the first Italian video and the guy just says you can mount an optic or red dot. He talks more about the lack of a pic rail, which seems odd for a large pistol with "defensive" in the name.
    Last edited by GlockenSpiel; 09-02-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    If you’re complaining about how high LTT’s front sight solution is when it’s cut into the slide with rear irons on the plate, based on the fact that this is on top of the slide, how high will the Beretta Irons be?

That high.

Name:  6D2D0F97-F9DD-4D98-828A-E4C588334512.jpeg
Views: 909
Size:  80.2 KB
    Last edited by DGI; 09-02-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I don't think Beretta has any intention of offering BUIS for these pistols. The mounting plates are huge.

Good GOD that setup is tall. Wow.

These seem similar in height to SightMount. Although with SightMount, the mount itself is part of the normal sights, without the Red Dot. With this, you have to remove the plate.
    Now it isn't so surprising to see Beretta doing this. After all Wilson Combat started specing out tighter tolerances, vertec slides and such. Then the end of the military contracts, Langdon specing out his guns (again, with interchangeable sights), no idea of any compete type clauses in contracts and such, but Beretta had a fairly successful M9A3 pistol, so building on those three, made sense for them.
    I only hope that there become more grips for them. I prefer the traditional grip of the LTT and Wilson guns. But the lower price of the new series, make me think of getting one to try different things, just because.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

That high.
    Beretta optic solutions are for the children.

PSA: I saw the Beretta setup on a US 92 in the back of their booth at SHOT 2020 (so late January?), so it's been around for a minute. Probably just didn't make sense to throw a new release out there in 2020 or early 21 with how backlogged all the current stuff was, so they sat on it until the market momentum slowed.

It makes sense for Beretta to do the mount this way if only because they don't have to modify any parts. I don't see what's "not cool" about it other than it's really tall; I'm sure it will still work. Beretta refused LTT's design, so what.

I'm not in the market because I have because I have an LTT 92A1 RDO, a PX4 RDO (original version) and an APX RDO (I guess I like Berettas) but I'm glad to see Beretta is trying to do new things with the 92.

Where can one find a RMR plate for the 92X RDO? They are out of stock at Beretta.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List