Thread: Bullseye gear

Bullseye gear

The club I just joined has a healthy Bullseye culture in addition to action shooting. I haven’t shot bullseye in decades, but I wouldn’t mind participating on a casual level.

What would be common for club level competition grade guns? I used to compete with a borrowed 1911 and S&W 41. Do 1911s still rule the .45 and centerfire portions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Yes

The guidance for beginners is still to use a 1911 for both .45 and Centerfire. A lot of people try to use a .22 conversion on their 1911 for their .22, so they only have one trigger pull to deal with.

Do they allow red dot sights?

Yes, you can use optical sights in regulation NM matches. Some of the specialty matches and CMP EIC Service Pistol require irons.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Maybe I should shoot the rimfire COF with my Ruger MkII CTM to give it a try. I do have one 1911 left, I should break it out and see how I do with it - it’s been years.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

There is a good Bullseye discussion forum

User Tag List