Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes at Safariland

I noted in my Acro P-2 thread that I sent a recent production 6360RDS to Chris Geist of Ghostmen Design to be refitted for VP9.

I can't rave enough about whatever it is that he did to make it fit. The holster I got back from him fit the VP9 with light and optic better than it had fit the P320 it was meant for from the factory. Buttery smooth, protected trigger guard, perfect engagement of the ALS mechanism. You cannot tell that it was ever modified by outward appearance.

If you are stuck by department policy using a Safariland holsters having him go through it may be an option.

@AMC The 7000-series stuff doesn't impress me at all. I have a 7360RDS for a G19 with TLR7. It seems cheap and flimsy. My guess is that is the direction they are moving towards in general though.

In case anyone is interested, this is what we're using and paying for US Armor's vests. Super light, super flexible and very comfy. When we went with the "new" Second Chance stuff in 2011 there was a lot of bitching and guys went out and bought their own stuff or continued wearing expired vests. Since switching to US Armor we've had zero of that. Their carriers are super high quality as are the panels. I'm not aware of anyone wearing them out.

Requirements:
    - Level 2 or Level 3A
    - NIJ 06
    - Color Black
    - Extra Carrier also in Black
    - Upgraded lining
    - Up to 1 inch of overlap included

Models: 2021

5226F w/Extra carrier + Out/Cop in both $1,135.00

6216 w/Extra carrier + Out/Cop in both $1,230.00
    6226F w/Extra carrier + Out/Cop in both NA

6316M w/Extra carrier + Out/Cop in both $1,310.00
    6326F w/Extra carrier + Out/Cop in both $1,310.00

Additional overlap per inch (over the 1") $40.00

NOTE 1: Soft Trauma Plate always included
    NOTE 2: 10% - 25% factory surcharges for sizes 49" & up!

Site Supporter
    PM out to you BBI
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    They moved production to Mexico and quality has plummeted.
    Do you know if this is just the holsters or if it's their entire product line?

Brownells, for instance, still identifies their comp speedloaders as made in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Do you know if this is just the holsters or if it's their entire product line?

Brownells, for instance, still identifies their comp speedloaders as made in the US.
    I'm not sure, but all belts, keepers, cases, and holsters we have received from them in the past year have been the Made in Mexico and are noticeably different in quality. It becomes super evident when you compare it to something made a few years back.

This is interesting. We’re just getting ready to issue new Safariland holsters when we issue our new duty guns in 2 weeks. I’ll report back if we have issues. I sent a request to US Duty Gear to see if we could get a T&E holster.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'm not sure, but all belts, keepers, cases, and holsters we have received from them in the past year have been the Made in Mexico and are noticeably different in quality. It becomes super evident when you compare it to something made a few years back.
    I just got a CD2 steel speed loader holder in today; the label says it’s made in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I just got a CD2 steel speed loader holder in today; the label says it’s made in Mexico
    Interesting. Brownells also lists the CD2 as made in the US so they haven't gotten around to updating the country of manufacture yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Interesting. Brownells also lists the CD2 as made in the US so they haven't gotten around to updating the country of manufacture yet.
    I just checked, Midway lists it as USA made also.

in the past year have been the Made in Mexico
    Wow. That it's been that long and major outlets like Brownells and Midway are still incorrect about country of origin is a problem.

It's less a problem that it's made in Mexico than it is being falsely advertised as (still) made in the US.

User Tag List