Thread: Interesting Practice for Site Tracking

Interesting Practice for Site Tracking

So I have been trying a new "dry fire" practice to train me on site tracking better.

I take my airsoft gun and stand 3' from a wall. On the wall is a 2" target dot. I fill the gun with just air so it cycles the slide but has no BBs in it. I then fire like normal and track the site back to the 2" dot.

My theory being the slight movement will give me repetition and when I move to real guns on the range I am hoping to have the practice to follow the greater movement better.

I have notice I can track better already on the airsoft gun. I am heading to the range tomorrow and will let you know if this holds any water.

Like a poor man's SIRT, but for sight tracking. I like it.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

So I went to the range today and this little drill did seem to help.

Is your airsoft a replica of your carry gun? I bought a replica of my P30, but is only spring operated.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

nice
    how loud is your gas airsoft gun BTW? I've had some gas air rifles in the past that were fairly loud, certainly loud enough to bother someone in the next room.

Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    Is your airsoft a replica of your carry gun? I bought a replica of my P30, but is only spring operated.
    Yes. It is a Wilson combat replica.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodoo_operator View Post
    nice
    how loud is your gas airsoft gun BTW? I've had some gas air rifles in the past that were fairly loud, certainly loud enough to bother someone in the next room.
    Not too loud. But not a 11pm dryfire either.

User Tag List