Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon Super 1050 Primersplosion

Glad you're ok. I wear my normal poly-carbonate glasses. Think I'll start wearing something wraparound. My autodrive is on autopilot. Have been fortunate in a few hundred thousand rounds to have not had a detonation.

This exact thing happened to @JV_ a few years ago.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Glad you're ok. I wear my normal poly-carbonate glasses. Think I'll start wearing something wraparound. My autodrive is on autopilot. Have been fortunate in a few hundred thousand rounds to have not had a detonation.
    I wear these $13 DeWalt safety glasses, I have pairs for the range and reloading. Highly recommended.

Name:  61d3Kwh5YPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  25.0 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This exact thing happened to @JV_ a few years ago.
    Yea, it was LOUD. After this, I stopped putting the bullet on top of the plastic primer tube pusher, for a touch extra weight. Projectiles are projectiles ...

Name:  Dillon 1050 Primer Magazine.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  54.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was listening to the PSTG podcast with earbuds, so that kept my ears safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I always wear eye pro, and have extra pairs on the shelf for spectators.
    I am pretty religious about the eyes, but never really considered my ears. Might be a good idea to do the headphones.

I had something similar happen when a friend (really) was loading 44 Magnum on my 650. I can't recall how many primers went off but it was a learning experience. Both of us had eyepro on and no injuries occurred, but learning took place. He bought his own 650 shortly after so it didn't scare him off.

Glad you are OK.

User Tag List