Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Holosun AEMS Optic

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can someone help me understand the decision tree between selecting a 512 versus an AEMS?
    I was in this boat while trying to make a setup lighter than the current LPVO + offset red dot it currently carries. My friend has a 512 but I do not know anyone that has an AEMS. The 512 is pretty nice and slightly cheaper than the AEMS right now, but it weight almost double, comes at absolute cowitness, does not have the ability to take other mounts, and is pretty chunky. The AEMS is very light for a full window red dot, comes at 1/3 cowitness which is what I want, and is supposed to have a very large window relative to the body size.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I was in this boat while trying to make a setup lighter than the current LPVO + offset red dot it currently carries. My friend has a 512 but I do not know anyone that has an AEMS.
    I just got mine on Friday. However, I haven't been able to do anything with it beyond un-boxing it. That said, it appears to have potential. I'm looking forward to the short base for a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I just got mine on Friday. However, I haven't been able to do anything with it beyond un-boxing it. That said, it appears to have potential. I'm looking forward to the short base for a shotgun.
    A SG eh, happy w/ my AP R1 on the 1301 & was looking to put a green ret AEM on a PCC but things can always change so waiting for that feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can someone help me understand the decision tree between selecting a 512 versus an AEMS?
    The decision is probably to grab an AEMS Core. I don't get the 512..it's large, there is no first party riser to get it to lower 1/3 (like there is for the 510C if you can find one), and it's heavy. Unless you're in love with its aesthetics, the AEMS beats the 512C in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    The decision is probably to grab an AEMS Core. I don't get the 512..it's large, there is no first party riser to get it to lower 1/3 (like there is for the 510C if you can find one), and it's heavy. Unless you're in love with its aesthetics, the AEMS beats the 512C in every aspect.
    I’m using it on an MPX and not using BUIS.

The way I’m set up, I want reduced height over bore for reduced holdover variation so the height of the 510 is perfect.

I think an AEMS core will be perfect once I can get a not red color and a lower riser.

The 512 gold I got is nice but I definitely notice the weight.

Compared to the 510c (plus hood) it’s within 1 oz.

The listed weight of the 510c doesn’t include the rail clamp base.

Name:  37570B77-D786-4521-AF24-9D65197919F6.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  AC704201-9A8D-46D1-AD84-6B09A7F8A70C.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  40.0 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 02-28-2022 at 11:48 PM.

That application makes sense. I'd like to see them put the gold emitter in some other optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I just got mine and love it. Well worth the ~$365 I paid. I would easily take it over any other large window red dot I have used or any holographic, based on just playing with it at home. I need to take it to the range this weekend for zeroing. The weight is really quite impressive.

I am still loving mine, I have had no issues with it and have no complains about it.

@Biggy is that a 3X AP magnifier & it works good w/ the AEMS?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    @Biggy is that a 3X AP magnifier & it works good w/ the AEMS?
    Yes, for me the Aimpoint 3x magnifier and the AEMS work fine together, no issues.

User Tag List