Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun AEMS Optic

Like!

Name:  EEFD254D-0232-4716-9574-1D0DAAC65910.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  80.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts when you get some more time on the optic @GJM. I’m eventually going to need to find a red dot for my APC9 and was intrigued by this one when I heard about it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Anyone tested one for passive aiming with a PVS14 compared to say an Eotech?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Like!

Name:  EEFD254D-0232-4716-9574-1D0DAAC65910.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  80.8 KB
    How do you like that Hyper Fire trigger ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How do you like that Hyper Fire trigger ?
    I have a pair of these carbines, built by Aaron Brekke. He builds for Max Leograndis. Aaron specs each component, including this trigger. I also have them in two MPX carbines. Great pull characteristics. I broke one in an MPX, and they gave me a new one. As you know, a PCC is tough on triggers.

I took the AEMS on my PCC to the range today. Really enjoyed the optic as it has reticle versatility, a big window, small footprint and weight.

One thing I was curious about was a possible group shift between circle and dot.

This is five rounds of 115 PMC at 25, using just the dot.

Name:  2A333A81-277D-407B-8141-1BF83518438E.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  26.8 KB

Then I shot another five rounds from 25, on the same target as above, using just the 65 moa circle. Using circle only is very fast because you naturally center the target in the big circle.

Name:  901AA228-765A-413B-A983-4F4AE380F6A7.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  27.7 KB

Haley is running one on an AK. Looks like he could use a slightly lower mount. With that said this might be fine when wearing a pro mask, NVGs, etc.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The AEMS sits higher than, for example, the Holosun 512C with its integral mount. On an AR style carbine, for me that is a feature not a bug.

This RDS optic and magnifier setup is finally finished. The Holosun AEM and the 3x Aimpoint magnifier line up within .010" of each other. Clear, sharp optics, good defined dot, and good eye relief and eye box using the Aimpoint 3x Mag-1 magnifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    This RDS optic and magnifier setup is finally finished. The Holosun AEM and the 3x Aimpoint magnifier line up within .010" of each other. Clear, sharp optics, good defined dot, and good eye relief and eye box using the Aimpoint 3x Mag-1 magnifier.

That's the Unity 1.93" pop-down mount?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List