Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun AEMS Optic

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I feel like HWS offer a really generous eyebox esp vs older tube design RDS sights which is an advantage. They're also just kinda cool. But yeah I don't own any right now for a reason...
    If you want big eyeboxes beyond the HWSes, there's also the SIG ROMEO 8H/8T, DI Optics DCL30, and the Steiner DRS 1X. The Leupold LCO, too, if you can find it.

The most curious part about the AEMS is how light it is for its window size; it's between an Aimpoint T-2 and CompM5 in weight, while over half the weight of the comparable RDSes and HWSes if looking at window size. Wonder how well it will hold up.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    If you want big eyeboxes beyond the HWSes, there's also the SIG ROMEO 8H/8T, DI Optics DCL30, and the Steiner DRS 1X. The Leupold LCO, too, if you can find it.

The most curious part about the AEMS is how light it is for its window size; it's between an Aimpoint T-2 and CompM5 in weight, while over half the weight of the comparable RDSes and HWSes if looking at window size. Wonder how well it will hold up.
    I've been curious about the Sig Romeo 8 series but like a lot of their nicer RDSes they seem to be unobtanium. Have not looked into DI optics products very seriously but I am curious now.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Will this work with a magnifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I'm not really sure what the draw of HWSes are these days....
    EO Tech says the holographic sight is faster than a projected red dot because the reticle appears to the shooter to be at the same distance as the target.

https://youtu.be/6LBm30ZUkr4

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looks like Primary Arms has them in stock as of this writing, at $399:

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...-red-dot-sight
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I ordered one through Brownell’s. It will be going on a Unity Tactical riser so I can use it with my Unity Tactical magnifier mount and Eotech G33 magnifier. From what I hear we will probably be seeing aftermarket 1.930” and 2.26” high mounts for the AEM in the next 6 months.
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-20-2021 at 12:32 PM.

If anyone picks one of these up, would you mind weighing it? I'm very intrigued by the claim that it is within an ounce of a Micro in weight, with a 'full size' window

Here is a Pic of the new Holosun AEM red dot sight that I received today. It weighs 5.6 oz's on my scale. It works fine with and without my EOTECH G33 magnifier. Nice sharp 2 min dot, circle dot or circle reticle and it's larger size window is nice. We shall see how it does going forward.

Last edited by Biggy; 10-28-2021 at 07:34 PM.

User Tag List