Thread: Geissele Automatics 5.56 Super Duty

Geissele Automatics 5.56 Super Duty

My Wife helped me mount a LPVO on my Geissele Automatics 5.56 Super Duty.
    I am good at destroying things but have a very low skill level following instructions.

She had 4 levels out and it came out perfect... I got sick a Month ago when I bought the AR ... have not been that sick in 30 years.
    Will take it to the range this week ... I am no trigger snob or claim to be a world class shooter with an AR but this trigger is excellent.

Primary Arms SLx 1-6x24mm SFP Rifle Scope Gen IV - Illuminated ACSS Nova Fiber Wire Reticle - Red Dot Bright.
    With my LE discount $254.99 ... for my needs it seems to be well made and decent at short to medium ranges.

Primary Arms is an excellent place to do business with .... great deal on the rifle and the Scope.
    I am happy so in the end that is the most important thing.

Name:  20231218_180105.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  51.9 KBName:  20231218_180142.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  52.4 KB

The SD is a fantastic complete package, I've barely shot mine but need to change that. It'll be even better when they start offering customizable muzzle device choices from the factory.

Site Supporter
    Interesting that we arrived at the same rifle / optic combination.
    I got my Super Duty a couple of years ago from Geissele during the (in)famous Black Friday sale. Great deal, but I had to wait a couple of months. Well worth the wait.
    I have limited experience, but I share your assessment of a nice rifle with a great trigger.
    I got the same optic in October with a great PA sale.
    So far I’ve got about 400 rounds downrange since I mounted the optic. With 77 gr SMK, I can get 1 MOA 10-rd groups at 100 yds when I’m on my game. It’s my introduction to LVPO, but I’m pleased with the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I got my Super Duty a couple of years ago from Geissele during the (in)famous Black Friday sale. Great deal, but I had to wait a couple of months. Well worth the wait.
    I have limited experience, but I share your assessment of a nice rifle with a great trigger.
    So far I’ve got about 400 rounds downrange since I mounted the optic. With 77 gr SMK, I can get 1 MOA 10-rd groups at 100 yds when I’m on my game. It’s my introduction to LVPO, but I’m pleased with the setup.
    " It’s my introduction to LVPO"

I have watched so many hours of videos on how to Mount one... how to sight one in from 10 yards all the way to 300 yards.
    What ammo for long range ...bullet drop and everything about LVPO scopes. I like the NOVA Reticle seems to me it is suited for up close and longer ranges.

I already had a stockpile of ammo in many calibers built up but just ordered all kind of match ammo to run through the Super Duty.
    I am more of a pistol shooter, but the AR bug has taken over my simple brain.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    1 MOA with 10 rounds is a hell of a group. I need to group mine, it’s an 11.5 with an EOTech so I haven’t gotten around to grouping it with match ammo at 100 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    I am happy so in the end that is the most important thing.
    The Geissele SD and SD-LE rifles have done really well for me. You should be able to stretch that barrel out to the limits of your glass with good results.

That Hornady TAP training you asked about in the other thread will also do very well in your rifle.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Looks like the SD won the contract to replace the HK416 in LAPD SWAT service.

TFB: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Win LAPD SWAT Contract
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Their black Friday sale for the black mod 2 was damn reasonable. I was very tempted by the 14.5 with the huxwrx adapter flash suppressor. And made in my home state! Maybe next time...

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    The Geissele SD and SD-LE rifles have done really well for me. You should be able to stretch that barrel out to the limits of your glass with good results.

That Hornady TAP training you asked about in the other thread will also do very well in your rifle.
    Took it to the range today indoors only at 25 yards ... My left shoulder has been cashed for about 25 years I can bench press heavy and do anything in a gym, but I cannot raise my left arm over my head.
    So, shooting an AR my left shoulder loves to tell me what the fuck are you doing ... The trigger is fantastic it is a very well-made AR ... the scope is very good for a budget offering.

After new year's I will take it to an outdoor range and sight it in better at distance ... thanks for the ammo info!
    This was unsupported ... I am not sure if I even have the scope dialed in for the full benefit of it, but I am committed to become a better shooter with it.

Name:  20231219_165918.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  34.6 KB

Sierra MatchKing Competition Ammunition 223 Remington 77 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail

User Tag List