Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 as "do it all" pistol?

Site Supporter
    If the C2 is anything like the P DUO you will be fine. I have been personally using the P DUO for a while for uniform carry. The only change I made was going to the 509T as I wanted an enclosed emitter since I am in the pacific NW and it rains a lot. Since I recently retired, I decided that I would get a second Staccato and decided to go with the C2 duo. I filled out my paper work the other day but am waiting for it to clear. The gun felt way better than the P in my hand. I plan on putting about 1k through it along with 50 Speer G2's once it gets out of jail.

From what I can see most of the people posting are going off of STI's previous guns. Also, do the Heroes program, only took about 2 weeks for them to ship the gun.

So after hemming and hawing over which model to buy for a couple weeks, I discovered there was an uncatalogued option...

An aluminum-framed Staccato P Duo

It weighs just a skosh more than the C2, but offers the Dawson tool-less guide rod, and comes with six mags.

Considering I've chosen to carry a G17 over G19 (owning both) for years, it just made sense to go with the slightly larger version if weight wasn't the deciding factor.

I already ordered a Gen1 grip from Dawson to swap out once it gets here since I think I prefer it over the G2.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    So after hemming and hawing over which model to buy for a couple weeks, I discovered there was an uncatalogued option...

An aluminum-framed Staccato P Duo

It weighs just a skosh more than the C2, but offers the Dawson tool-less guide rod, and comes with six mags.

Considering I've chosen to carry a G17 over G19 (owning both) for years, it just made sense to go with the slightly larger version if weight wasn't the deciding factor.

I already ordered a Gen1 grip from Dawson to swap out once it gets here since I think I prefer it over the G2.
    How did you come buy this information. It sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    How did you come buy this information. It sounds interesting.
    Someone on another forum mentioned it so I called STI/Staccato and they said they make them, but haven't cataloged them (not on their website with a distinct item number) yet. The price (for now) is the same as a normal Staccato P so it made the decision somewhat easy.

I ordered a US Duty Gear rig for uniform work and a Milt Sparks OM-1 (also uncatalogued for some reason) for non-uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Seems like a strong opportunity for Magpul to make some 2011 PMAGs...
    Never mind Magpul, I'd like Mecgar to get in the 2011 business. If they did a 2011 clip as good as my P226 magazines and in the same price range, I could hardly ask for more.

What I have (for match, not carry) are:
    STI gen 1 which are fair 9mm but marginal .45.
    STI gen 2 which feed reliably, but I did have one knock off its baseplate and spill its guts when dropped on a concrete floor. I wonder if a $40 milled aluminum base would stay put.

(I saw a picture of a magazine stamped GEN 3 but nothing said about its characteristics.)

MBX which are hideously expensive, reliable feeders, but I have found cartridges under the skimpy follower a couple of times and one total saltshaker experience. I THINK those were when I tried to top up and have a full magazine under a loaded chamber. So I don't do that any more. Try them again Sunday.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-11-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

@JSGlock34

Well heck, that's the first one I've seen in a picture or video.

I'm super stoked to get this thing. Gen2 grip and the magwell will come off when it arrives.

The lightweight frame and the Gen1 grip with 17 rounders and a DPP should be just the ticket for me.

An aluminum frame on a P? Now that’s neat! 2011s get heavy quick, and that’s cool.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    The DPP is a great optic. Never had any battery issues with mine, but changed it out for a 509T because of the rain in the PNW. I am going to put the DPP on my new C2 once it gets out of background check jail as concealed carry is all I do any more. I can't wait to hear a review on the aluminum framed DUO P, my regular DUO P has been an awesome weapon.

@JSGlock34

Well heck, that's the first one I've seen in a picture or video.

I'm super stoked to get this thing. Gen2 grip and the magwell will come off when it arrives.

The lightweight frame and the Gen1 grip with 17 rounders and a DPP should be just the ticket for me.

(--) Dawson Tooless guiderod is not available...just the Recoilmaster system
    Is the Recoilmaster that thing that began life as a Springco? I have one of those in my STI VIP, and I truly hate it. If I ever used that gun, I’d have a solid guide rod configured for it.

User Tag List