Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 as "do it all" pistol?

What caliber are you getting? 9mm I think I'd be tempted to go Wilson and get a gun and mag designed for the caliber.

I know Guncrafter makes a double stack, and Alchemy, Nighthawk.

Coming from a USPSA background vs LE, STI to me is the company that launched an industry for gunsmiths.
    Last edited by bofe954; 09-02-2021 at 11:42 AM.

If the 2011 platform ever moves out of it's niche core group of users I'll believe it when I see it. Most P-F members would certainly qualify but I just don't see them ever being a mainstream duty tool. The gun I had was fine with just a little normal 1911 type care. Lube, cleanliness, etc. It wasn't the problem.

It was the mags. Everytime they hit the ground the base plates had to come off and everything had to be brushed. If you got lazy with that, they would salt shaker on you...Every.Single.Time. I don't see that conducive to duty use except for the very dedicated. Mine would feed about every bullet you could ask to stuff in a .40SW case and at lengths from factory to 1.200" just as long as the mags were spotless and had good springs in them. 9mm is even more finicky IME.

They are great guns, but not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I
    Pro's and Con's:

(+) It's a little smaller (easier to conceal).
    I recently saw my first C2 and fired a couple mags through it. Yeah I guess its only a little smaller than a P. I was surprised by the bulk of the C2; I just pictured it smaller. Probably got confused by the single stack C.

I wasn't overly impressed with it. Maybe have to shoot it more.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    If the 2011 platform ever moves out of it's niche core group of users I'll believe it when I see it. Most P-F members would certainly qualify but I just don't see them ever being a mainstream duty tool. The gun I had was fine with just a little normal 1911 type care. Lube, cleanliness, etc. It wasn't the problem.

It was the mags. Everytime they hit the ground the base plates had to come off and everything had to be brushed. If you got lazy with that, they would salt shaker on you...Every.Single.Time. I don't see that conducive to duty use except for the very dedicated. Mine would feed about every bullet you could ask to stuff in a .40SW case and at lengths from factory to 1.200" just as long as the mags were spotless and had good springs in them. 9mm is even more finicky IME.

The STI guys would disassemble the mags, brush them out, roll the ammo in a silicone cloth, store the mags with the springs out…. All to feed 100 rounds of ammo carefully handloaded to the exact unique recipe tailored to that gun, from magazines with hand tuned feedlips and their own special combination of spring and follower.

Snow. Flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post

I thought the magazines were a feature not a bug, so the Open and Limited guys could clean mags each stage instead of tape and set steel.

I was shooting a 2011 in the 90's and took a STI in .45 to NTI 8 or so.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

With the gen 3 mags that are shipped now and Jardine going thru that pistol I'd say you should have a great running handgun. Seems to me most the issues encountered with the magazines were the longer magazines (17 and 20 round mags) and the earlier generations of mags.

It's on my wishlist to own a Jardine tuned pistol. I was fortunate to get to shoot a friend's Springfield Armory 1911 that had been tuned by Jardine. There's definitely something special about the guns tuned by him. Magical comes to mind.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 09-03-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I've seen John do things with 1911's and Glocks I didn't think were even possible (Fowler Ind resells his Glock stuff).

I'm going to buy a Staccato and have John work his magic. It's just a matter of which one to buy (P or C2)
    I look forward to shooting a P one of these days in comparison to the C2. Kevin B got a P with an optic earlier this year and has been very impressed and I think he's got about 8K rounds on it. Liked it so much he's bought a second with just the irons for carry. He routinely carries a 5" 1911 so he's not that into the smaller equation.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'll be that guy. Being PF, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the people management angle...
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I'll be that guy. Being PF, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the people management angle...
    True, but the LEM was deemed the best people management trigger. The SAO has always been deemed the best direct action/threat-stopping trigger. With the Glock system lumped in somewhere in between the two. Like a back-hoe machine. Okay at two specific tasks, but never excelling in one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    A whole bunch of our officers have bought P' and C2s in the last 2 years. A couple of our SWAT guys are heavily pushing to replace their 2 year old 226 Legion 9mms with Staccatos. Because CDI and OAF. 4 years ago it was Glocks...then CZ P10's were the only gun to have. Now Staccato. Strangely seemed to follow the preferences of a particular prominent trainer or two.
    The Glock 17 was invented specifically to combat gear queerness of that nature.

User Tag List