Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 as "do it all" pistol?

Staccato C2 as "do it all" pistol?

I had the chance to see a bunch of Staccatos in action this weekend at a class and to shoot a couple. I'm in an admin assignment at work right now so I wear a polo and 5.11 pants 80% of the time and only wear a uniform about 20% although that could change and I could go back to patrol tomorrow (at some point I'll be back in a uniformed patrol assignment again...and then probably another investigations assignment...I still have awhile left).

I had been thinking a "P" but after shooting a C2 I'm leaning that direction.

Pro's and Con's:

(+) It's a little smaller (easier to conceal).
    (+) It seems quite a bit lighter.
    (+) Safariland does not make a holster for it, but US Duty Gear does (screw new Safariland anyway).
    (+) Comfortable full three finger grip and accepts any size 2011 mag
    (--) More recoil and shoots less flat
    (--) C2 for some reason only comes with 3 mags and the P comes with 6 for LE (I called them today and verified...boo!)
    (--) Dawson Tooless guiderod is not available...just the Recoilmaster system

Am I missing anything? What says the PF hive mind?

Please don't say to buy both. I'm going to have to sell some stuff to fund it as it is.

Unless someone else is buying them, and especially the magazines for you, I would buy neither.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unless someone else is buying them, and especially the magazines for you, I would buy neither.
    I’ve shot one (P), not extensively, but enough to have a favorable impression. If it were, say, $1500.

But not for the $2500 asking price (plus whatever they want for a mounting plate, mags, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I had the chance to see a bunch of Staccatos in action this weekend at a class and to shoot a couple. I'm in an admin assignment at work right now so I wear a polo and 5.11 pants 80% of the time and only wear a uniform about 20% although that could change and I could go back to patrol tomorrow (at some point I'll be back in a uniformed patrol assignment again...and then probably another investigations assignment...I still have awhile left).

I had been thinking a "P" but after shooting a C2 I'm leaning that direction.

Pro's and Con's:

(+) It's a little smaller (easier to conceal).
    (+) It seems quite a bit lighter.
    (+) Safariland does not make a holster for it, but US Duty Gear does (screw new Safariland anyway).
    (+) Comfortable full three finger grip and accepts any size 2011 mag
    (--) More recoil and shoots less flat
    (--) C2 for some reason only comes with 3 mags and the P comes with 6 for LE (I called them today and verified...boo!)
    (--) Dawson Tooless guiderod is not available...just the Recoilmaster system

Am I missing anything? What says the PF hive mind?

Please don't say to buy both. I'm going to have to sell some stuff to fund it as it is.

I looked at them as well but ended up with a Wilson edc x9 as my do all gun. Couldn't be happier, not one thing I would change about it. Other than the price.

The price of the gun, as well as the ongoing cost of magazines would put it outside the realm of a sustainable duty weapon, at least for me. I don't get the excitement about the platform. I've shot them and they're nice pistols. However, in it's guts it's just a double stack 1911. I've seen quite a few high profile folks who've been very vocal about the obsolescence of Gods Gun for quite some time, suddenly extolling the virtues of this pistol as if it's a real game changer. If it was half the price it is and the mag cost didn't induce a nose bleed, maybe. In the end, I think your money can be better spent elsewhere. That's a lot of cost just to sit at the cool kid table.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Use your VP9...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not a cop but I would have a very hard time justifying that myself, on multiple levels, cost being the most salient. Seems analogous to using an F350 Platinum for patrol truck (which does sound kind of sweet to be honest...)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not a cop but I would have a very hard time justifying that myself, on multiple levels, cost being the most salient. Seems analogous to using an F350 Platinum for patrol truck (which does sound kind of sweet to be honest...)
    Patrolling in a Duesenberg and using a Navy Luger as a duty sidearm sounds sweet too, but...........

If I chose a John Wick special as a duty weapon, the first time someone stomped on one of my preciously priced mags at range qual, or the seatbelt gouged up the tacticool grip frame I might have a moment. That's why you really can't beat plastic fantastics like the Glock as duty weapons: Bic lighters and all that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Guys, I carried a John Jardine custom Colt Government Model for years on duty. That gun on the open market would fetch a whole lot more than any STI/Staccato. The only reason I stopped was weight (primarily of the extra ammo), lack of a rail to mount a light to it and capacity when I was a K9 handler.

A gun is something I consider life-saving equipment. The LE price for a P or C2 is right at $2k. More than a Glock? Sure, but if I use the thing everyday for the next decade I'm not that concerned about it.

Seems like a strong opportunity for Magpul to make some 2011 PMAGs...
    Join FPC

User Tag List