Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom AIWB Holster

Custom AIWB Holster

As some of y'all know, I run a fairly exotic EDC piece. I had gotten my last AIWB from @Tony Mayer, which has worked wonderfully; however, he no longer is able to offer me an AIWB due to moving to CNC molds. Who should I go to for a custom AIWB holster for a P30LS carried in condition 1 with a carry comp, X400UH, and RDS? I am not in a rush, and can send off the slide with everything if need be.

Sounds like you're just gonna have to learn to heat, bend, mold, and drill Kydex or boltaron.

See it as an opportunity.

Have you tried Dark Star Gear?

I'm assuming you tried the off-the-shelf "universal" holsters like the floodlight. I will say, that getting your hands on as many holsters for different guns might yield surprising results. I use my DSG rigel (glock) for my dawson railed commander, and the Wilson EDC x9. And dare I say they fit the "wrong" guns a bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Not this go-around, no, but last time I was holster-hunting, @Dark Star Gear had passed on taking on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'm assuming you tried the off-the-shelf "universal" holsters like the floodlight. I will say, that getting your hands on as many holsters for different guns might yield surprising results. I use my DSG rigel (glock) for my dawson railed commander, and the Wilson EDC x9. And dare I say they fit the "wrong" guns a bit better?
    Does anyone make a universal holster that works with an X400UH? I know the Floodlight is not designed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Does anyone make a universal holster that works with an X400UH? I know the Floodlight is not designed for that.
    missed that part. I wanted to run a x400V and there were no solutions. I think I could modify something fit a XVL2 easier.

I had poked around a fair bit locally, but no one was interested. For now, I'm going to go through Off the Grid Concepts, whom I had forgotten about.

As for an XLV2, I am definitely debating that, along with an X400VH and X400UH for my newest P30LS. I just don't think there's any way for me to get an XLV2 with a retention holster to my liking, I really don't want to go back to having to deal with a hood à la SLS, WRS, or SpeedLock 2, though I could be talked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I had poked around a fair bit locally, but no one was interested. For now, I'm going to go through Off the Grid Concepts, whom I had forgotten about.

As for an XLV2, I am definitely debating that, along with an X400VH and X400UH for my newest P30LS. I just don't think there's any way for me to get an XLV2 with a retention holster to my liking, I really don't want to go back to having to deal with a hood à la SLS, WRS, or SpeedLock 2, though I could be talked into it.
    a buddy took his kydex OWB holster (g34/x300), and heated up only the light area, then shoved in his pistol with the XVL2 and squeezed it with a towel. says it works for him, but I haven't personally felt the tension it now provides

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I think if JMCK doesn't have an option then it's highly unlikely that DSG will since they offer far fewer options

User Tag List