Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCAR Non-reciprocating Charging Handle

Well, I’ve shot thousands and thousands through mine over the years and have not had those issues. In fact, I have never had a gun more reliable than my 17, it’s a beast. But again, I just shoot my guns. I’m not doing anything super technical . Prone, standing and shooting off various improvised rests like cars, pallets and curbs are all mine get. I’ve never shot it in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Within the first 20 rounds of shooting a SCAR-17, I got a failure to chamber because the reciprocating charging handle got caught on s modified rest and prevented the gun from chambering a round. The reciprocating charging handle attached to a bolt like on an AK, or M-14, etc. isn't as much of a problem because it is in a further back location that is less likely to get caught on anything due to shooting ergonomics and position.

All the way back from fucking 2012:
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    The side charging handle is a design feature that just plain pisses me off. There is no need for it, yet there it remains. As for being a "self correcting" problem, well.......it is, for those who hit their hand on it once. But there is shit in the real world that doesn't exist on the range. Shooting from underneath a car flat out sucks with the SCAR. If the handle doesn't hit the ground, the car, or your gear, you probably aren't hitting your intended target either. I semi-solved the issue by cutting it in half, and stippling it up with a soldering iron. Still, there exists a SCAR with a captured charging handle.

But we won't see it. Since I didn't sign an NDA regarding that tidbit of information, I'll spill the beans. It exists. And it solves the issues.

Anyone sees those available for sale (the kits, not rifles), let everybody know. I will get it for my 16 and 17.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

CBP's Air and Marine component is reportedly moving away from the SCAR17. It will be replaced by some variant of the KAC SR25.

I don't know what's prompting the change other than probably the usual complaint about the different manual of arms.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List